Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are guided hunts ethical?

Old 05-31-2005, 05:48 PM

Default RE: Are guided hunts ethical?

'Eh, I kind of understand where Moose is coming from. I've seen enough of the Hummer drivin', aluminum trailer towin', dollar tossing, camera-ready crowd to realize there's some validity to what Moose says. "Here's the jack, I have X number of days to be posing with these three trophies...Git R Done!" :::Throws more dollars:::

Nothing against those who have the big bucks/fabulous ground by the way, it's just that if it were a fully guided hunt it might be honorable to include that fact on the plaque of the mount...rather than one portend they're so talented, especially when it was the talent of another that was responsible for the harvest, heck, include the guide's name along with your own if appropriate.

By the way, of course I realize many who venture on guided hunts are terrific hunters and make some remarkable shots, as well as put up with some major hardships during the hunt. Heck Moose, for many, some of their most arduous hunts have been guided hunts, and some of these 'clients' know as much as the guide in some cases (just not the specific area).

I could even generate a thread entitled "awesome ground versus dirt ground", which would further illustrate true accomplishment...it's all kind of relative. The bottom line, if it's safe and ethical hunting...keep it up, just don't rub each other's noses in it.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:09 PM

Shonuf.....all you have to do is ask. I have alot of respect for a man that is willing to ask questions, and would help you the best I can, free of charge.
DD....now why would I go and do that? I'm not stupid. I don't have to like you, I just have to make you THINK i like you, and get you what your after so you can feel good about yourself. I make my living off slobs that don't want to do the work themselves, and enjoy taking credit for others knowledge and work. And if you have ever gone on a paid hunt in Maine, there is a good chance I may have already guided you, and if not me, a buddy of mine. You can call me what you like. I just keep plugging along, taking people like you's money and I will never stop. You see, my game room is spread out all over the world. And folks like you pay to be me, even if only for a week or ten days.....I always get the last laugh. And the joke is on you
Old 05-31-2005, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: PositiveBo

'Eh, I kind of understand where Moose is coming from.
Retraction...carry on.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:53 PM

I hope people on the shows are reading this like jacki bushman and others. They are not hunters they are people with tons of money and shoot the biggest thing the ranch has pened up for advertisement.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nope Moose the jokes on YOU Jack ... and I have NO idea where Main is ...isen't that a small town somewhere in Texas? I have never claimed to be a "SUPER" hunter like you think YOU are but I think maybe at best I am average... BUT I have taken a couple of bucks here in Alabama ( NOT A PAID HUNT) ..this is one ...

Doc

Old 05-31-2005, 09:44 PM

WHY would I EVER want to come to a little ole state like Main to hunt ...much less PAY to hunt there ...
Geez DD....i don't know. Let me think about it for a minute.....OH...o.k. Maybe because we have some of the biggest bucks in the world here. In fact, no other State in the country comes even close to producing more 200+ lb bucks year after year. Or maybe because we have more bear per square mile than any other State in the country. Or maybe because of the other WORLD CLASS game like moose, that Maine has to offer. And lets not forget the abundance of grouse, geese, and if you fish, the best darn smallmouth fishing anywhere in the world. There are a couple reasons for ya. But I know none of that is appealing to you. 200lbs would be too much of a drag for ya....so stick with the world class midget deer you have right where you are
P.S. Too bad you killed that nice 2.5 year old in the pic....he would have turned out to be a nice buck if you let him grow up I bet
Old 05-31-2005, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW Moose if there at THAT many 200 class bucks in Maine ...show us a few that YOU have taken...I am sure being the SUPER hunter you claim tobe you must have a wall full ..share some pics Bro ... if you have any

Doc
Old 05-31-2005, 09:54 PM

Real....You hit that one right on the head....In fact, my outfit has indeed catered to a few of the "Celebs". They are the biggest slugs of all. Not only are they nothing more than slob Sports....They want everything for nothing Roger Raglin is an exception, as is Dan Fitsgerald, and The Wentzell Brothers......the rest of them are jokes....nothing more than businessmen in camo......
Old 05-31-2005, 09:59 PM

DD.....lb stands for pounds where I come from, and yes, I do in fact have several walls full of large racked bucks. However, I have no need or desire for that matter to post them up. This topic is not about how many big sets of horns ol' moose has killed. As hard as it may be for you DD, lets try to stay on topic. Thanx
Old 05-31-2005, 10:32 PM

1st. off moose u are a bigger a$$ than me... wow that is cool!

i do think the same as u moose; i will not pay a guide to do the work for me!
i beleive anyone who can make a few phone calls and a few hours spent on the computer, can and will harvest a nice animal without the use of a guide!

just most "sports" have more money than brains![8D]

heres a saying for all the "sports".......

Quick Reply: Are guided hunts ethical?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.