Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how many folks here...

Old 05-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default how many folks here...

...would leave their significant other if that person consistently nagged about hunting? (ie, never being around during fall and winter) and, how many people here have done it?
Old 05-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how many folks here...

i've never been married, not exactly old enough. but i have broken up with a girl because she wanted me to stop because she was against hunting and such. she thought she was more important than my family background. well she was wrong
Old 05-30-2005, 05:50 PM

I had my wife throw all my bowhunting stuff in the fire and now she is X #2. A man has to stand his ground!!! God I miss that bow.[:@]
Old 05-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

no but mymom likes to think of some project for my dad to do around october[:@] and hell yea iwould if youv met me you would know how much i love hunting
Old 05-30-2005, 06:22 PM

I would probably lay down some ground rules before I even started going out with the women because if you dont your just asking for trouble, and yes I would leave her because hunting is something I love and you cant take that away from me, I would be incomplete w/o it.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

You got to lay down the rules before you get serious. When I went to get married (32 yrs ago) I told the girl friend that she could pick the date, with two exceptions, not in the summer it's too hot to wear a suit then, not in the fall that is hunting season. We are still together . I guess she got the hint right from the start. She chose a spring wedding but changed her mind and we got hitched January 12/73
Old 05-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Icedragon

I would probably lay down some ground rules before I even started going out with the women
yeah since the girl i spoke of above i've had conversations with girls before i ask them out to make sure they either like it or don't have a problem with it. a girl i'm talking to now loves hunting and does herself. it's great i think i'm gonna have to ask her out.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

ask her out fast.....girls who hunt are a rare breed.

thankfully my husband hunts but he knows that hunting comes first over everything but God.....so far it hasn't been a big problem.

if i ever have divorced the next man will have to hunt and be as addicted as me or it'll NEVER happen...not even a lil.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fl.huntress

girls who hunt are a rare breed.

yeah that's what i've found out.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:55 PM

The first year we started going out together I shot my first buck. A sweet 8 pointer. She was appaled looking at it hanging in my garage...and then said.."I'll help you skin it out so the taxidermist has something good to work with." I married her a year later. It's been 18 years...and I know I got a keeper.

Quick Reply: how many folks here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.