Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > White Knuckle Productions
First Decent Buck on the HC600 >

First Decent Buck on the HC600

Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

First Decent Buck on the HC600

Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Spike

Default First Decent Buck on the HC600

Thanks Todd. Here is the best buck I have pics of. I am guessing a 3 1/2 year old and probably in the mid 120's, Do think that is a reasonable assessment? Anyway I love this camera and want to thank Todd and Pastor Jim personally for helping me out. I did notice something very interesting about this buck and this pic. Camera was out 8 days. I got a total of 1917 pics. Most were of a stupid branch i missed blowing in the breeze all day. However, of all the other deer and Coyotes and pics I have this is the only deer that looked toward the camera. It is also the only pic of this buck that I have. It really does seem that more mature deer pic up on changes to their surrounding then younger deer. Anyway let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails First Decent Buck on the HC600-big-8.jpg  
Old 08-25-2010, 04:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

he's a good one!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:10 AM
Fork Horn

Great looking buck. Nice picture quality.....I just have a hard time with $500+ for a camera!!! That's a lot of money.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by crenth
Great looking buck. Nice picture quality.....I just have a hard time with $500+ for a camera!!! That's a lot of money.
It was a tough decision and a hard pill to swallow, but I don't regret it at all now. I have friends with Trophy Cams and Moultrie, Predator and the new Primos cams and they simply don't even compare. Not trying to be biased but this is an honest assessment.

So you guys figure I am close on the age and score?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Spike

Well I need your opinions on score. I was saying mid 120's and the few people I showed it to are saying 130 class easy. I am standing my ground, but I could be wrong.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Spike

I'd rather have ground growage than shrinkage, but I would say you hit the nail on the head! Solid 3.5 year old!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! Looks like a tiny body next to that super tall corn. I'm with you, 125" or so. as for the changes to surroundings, I think you're right on, those mature deer notice first. Also, before the cam was out, hard to guess how many times he has taken that exact route, just like you walking into your house every day, you will notice something new.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck! My guess would be 3.5 and a solid 130. By the way, don't regret the money you spent on the Reconyx. I guarantee it will be taking great pictures long after the other brands have quit working.

Blessings.....Pastorjim