White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Ozonics

Old 10-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here you go...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/14...ce-terrorists/
Old 10-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice article - but it contains only speculation that it might be a problem if the manufacturers claims are true - not a bit of proof that they are. There is no question ozone in significant amounts kills an oder. The problem is a unit that meets the standards (extremely low) for indoor use attended use ( very effective given time ) cannot possibly be producing enough ozone to have an effect in an uncontrolled open/outdoor enviroment. Especially with even a bit of wind to cause further dilution.

The company has to this point not released the results of any scientific controlled testing to support their claims. Only anecdotal, loosely controlled observations with so many variables present no reasonable conclusion can be claimed. I'll change my opinion only when I see the results of a real test. All are welcome to their opinions as always.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steve, do you deer hunt? The reason I ask is because I do. I actually spend quite a bit of time in the field year-around chasing these critters like they are my pets. For 22 years I hunted without trusting or really using any scent elimination, and got busted alot. Much of this shown in the last 4 videos we made, actually we are the only company that even shows getting winded because we didn't have a scent elimination sponsor and I won't bend the truth about anything.

Since I started using Ozonic's we've reduced the number of times we've been snorted at by at least 75%. Every animal reacts differently, but I'm not an idiot. When a deer is straight down wind, lifts it's nose wiffing big nose fulls of ozone, and continues on its way.... Well brother, don't use them if you want. Doesn't hurt me one bit.

Good luck this season, and be safe!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Good Answer Todd, lol.
Dandbuck
Old 11-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt a lot for enjoyment and not a job - and will stick to what is scientificly possible.

Good luck.

Last edited by SteveBNy; 11-02-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: not worth it.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can believe whatever the heck you want. I've been on-stand for the past 20 days. Haven't been winded to the point of a snort yet. These things are freaking amazing; if you don't want to believe it - then don't. It's your loss.

BTW, you do realize they are 100% garanteed? Buy one, use it (and disprove it ), and return it if you want to really have something to base your opinion on. Right now it's based on your inability to believe there is 1 company out there that actually produces a product that will beat a whitetails nose. Your claims of scientific data have no basis because I can assure you that they do work on a whitetail deer in north america.

WKP Guys, help me out here. This whole thing is getting under my skin in a big way. I WOULD NEVER promote a product didn't work. If you haven't figured out that we aren't the regualar "industry product pimping guys" - then you haven't seen our videos.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Spike

Well though I am not a member of the fields staff, I have been following Todd and the gang for about 4 years now and I can attest to the quality of the limited products he promotes and am convinced no sponsorship would cause him to risk his credibility since how this is one of the founding principals of WKP.
Todd, On a lighter note. I assume you still set your stands and hunt them for a particular wind but use this for those light and variable wind days or annoying swirls. Or is it not a consideration at all since the ozonics? Thanks for the input brother.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still hunt the winds like I normally would because many of the deer that encounter the "ozone" smell will react to it. Its not like all the deer ignore it. If you were a wild animal, any foreign odor will cause a reaction if it's not "normal". Some are curious (especially young deer and does), some just don't like it. Big difference, they don't associate it to human's or danger in that way. Their body language tells the tale and we have documented hundreds of deer reacting in all sorts of different ways. Some deer will walk through it and hardly show any sign of concern at all. Zero get to the point of snorting regardless of their reaction.

They are AWESOME when you head into an area and the winds aren't doing exactly what they are supposed to do - which is very common in areas of agressive topography. Also, with Zero winds or swirling winds we point them downward at a hard angle and they still work awesome. Again, if you knew who I was and how I am when it comes to gear, I won't take ANYTHING into the field that I don't need. Essentials only, and Ozonic's are a part of the package now!
Old 11-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was probelly one of Todd's least belivers until I watched it work for my self.. Steve and I filmed 3 bucks and a doe down wind that never got us once..I killed a buck yesterday morning and had a bigger one before light walk right through our wind and nether busted us and I have video to prove the one I killed was down wind.. They work don't know how but they are the real deal..Walt
Old 11-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Spike

I saw the Ozonics piece on "Ground Zero" this spring. I bought an HR-100 at the Minnesota Deer Classic. On my first night out I had 4 bucks around my stand. I wasn't winded during the entire encounter. I'm a believer. In fact, I have not been blown at all season.

The only downside I can see is that the unit itself is heavy. It's like carrying a brick with you. I have some long treks into some of my sets, so it is a bit of a chore. I haul it in though. I don't like hunting without it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.