Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > White Knuckle Productions
I don't think I know what the heck I am doing! >

I don't think I know what the heck I am doing!

Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

I don't think I know what the heck I am doing!

Old 03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Spike

Default I don't think I know what the heck I am doing!

I have walked literally about 26 miles the last few days, primarily scouting, but looking for sheds and have yet to find a single one! I have checked field edges and bedding areas and fence crossings...no love. any advice, or does anyone want to come to Indiana for some shed hunting?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Spike

Make sure you are looking where the deer were feeding and bedding this winter... put yourself in those areas and that's all you can do.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Spike

Move from the Hoosier state to the Hawkeye State. No really tho...keep looking, they will show up. I've had those years!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

If deer aren't using your property during the winter it doesn't pay to look for sheds.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Spike

keep walking and keep ur eyes on the ground, think shed shed shed, try not to get distracted by any thing like rubs or poo,
Old 03-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have walked 50+ hours for 9 sheds. Most of which are DINKS! There is no secret, you simply have to put the miles on and keep going. I have friends locally who have found more than I have all season in 2 hours! Talk about frustrating!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

we never find sheds either.. i've put in about 8 hours so far and notta.. did get a pic of a nice 10 that still had his horns as of 2/21/10.. problem with our property is some of it floods out and you can say bye bye if they are down along the creek.. lol.. have found lots of sign, rubs and beds..

Stan
Old 03-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

just how things go man , i wasnt seen nothin for bucks late season hunting but have found 28 sheds so far , its funny how it works ii had the worst year hunting i can remember but one of the best shed seasons to date
Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Spike

i never find any
i just like the fresh air after being in the house all winter
Old 03-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Typical Buck

i like to follow the deer trails mostly and when i get on top of ridges that's when i really search the area, plus the feeding and bedding areas. i found a complete 10pt set and a nice 8pt half set in 2hrs. of walking. but maybe i just got lucky because i've never shed hunted before. if my camera wasn't broke i'd post some pics. i'll try and borrow one come to think of it. the 10pt set is small and has some partially busted pts but what gives it so much character is the drop tine on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.