Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > White Knuckle Productions
Typical 12 point Video / Must See!!!! >

Typical 12 point Video / Must See!!!!

Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Typical 12 point Video / Must See!!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Spike

Default Typical 12 point Video / Must See!!!!

Here is the buck I was talking about from my thread "They're on their feet"

He stayed between 60 -70 yards out yesterday during both encounters...saw him in the morning on the North end of the farm and on the South end of the farm in the evening...Both times he was coming to a rattling sequence but locked up once he saw the decoy and would not come in

He looks to be a 3 & 1/2 year old deer and I am guessing low to mid 160's....great genetics!!! I have hunted this farm for 5 years and have no trail cam pics or any previous sightings of the buck but I sure hope he is calling this farm his new home!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZmWGetAwE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlkmDE5yKKs
Old 11-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Spike

Nice buck. Try rattling without the decoy. That way he has to pass you looking for the sound instead of seeing the decoy and locking up. Good luck. Beautiful animal!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

wheres the kill part?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Spike

Kris - I am going to give that a try next time I get the right wind to hunt him.

Here is another video of the 9 pointer and the 12 pointer from yesterday morning...I am guessing the pecking order is established on this farm and the old 9 pointer might be the reason he wont come to the decoy.

I didn't notice while trying to film yesterday but it looks like the 9 pointer postures up and chases him off a little bit.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZDDBL3E5RY
Old 11-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

great looking buck man , i loved using a decoy but i always ran into the same problem , so my decoy is now a decoration in my hunting room . i had way to many mature bucks spoke on it , so ole crazy carl (the name i gave my decoy ) got retired .
Old 11-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Spike

nice looking bucks. we dont see too many like that here in michigan let alone get to film them.great job!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:09 AM
Spike

Hey man thanks for the video. You are absolutely right about the pecking order. The big 9 is obviously standing his ground and the 12 is not even considering challenging him yet. The 9 is a bruiser!!! He is an old mature deer. I really hope you get the one you want. Keep us posted.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:23 AM
Spike

Hunted a different farm this morning...but am headed out to hang a new set for my brother and I in about an hour and hunt it for the remainder of the day....

This south wind this weekend should be great for the new set...It sits on the north end of a large bedding area and is on the edge of a ridge that runs east/west.....Our scent should blow way out over the north side of the ridge as it is steep and more of a bluff, can access the spot by walking in the creek

Should be a great night! I will keep you guys posted!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

CRAZY!!! Would be nice to live in a state like that!

Mark