Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Big Buck #2 Down in KY

Old 09-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Spike

Default Big Buck #2 Down in KY

Last night I was behind the camera and Corey was behind the bow. He smoked a good 8 pt. Ill let him tell the story. But good deer and great footage.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a great looking buck bro
Old 09-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Spike

That a boy Chafin! Phipps needs to get in on the action...GL rest of the way guys!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Spike

Congrats Cory! Gotta love that big silly grin! Going to school 7-10 hours a day and making the time to do what you love man, great Public land BUCK!!!! Congrats again!!!

-Deer are DESTROYING acorns now, take advantage guys!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats guys on another awesome buck!!! And to think I can't even hunt for 14 more days!!Walt
Old 09-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

Congratulations! 336 more hours...
Old 09-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Spike

Well guys, let me be the first to tell you that I could not be happier than I am with this deer. He is by far the biggest buck I have killed on film, so that makes this even sweeter.

Id like to start off by thanking the whole team, because without them, this would definatly not have happen. So I give you guys props.

I was in class wend morning when I found out that my late cass was cancelled. So the first thing that pops in my head is I gotta get in the stand tonight. I call Timmy up and he says he is free to film, and Phipps decided to run down to another spot he just recently got permission to hunt.

We had debated about moving a set back to the original spot at the water oak, where we had filmed a shooter buck everytime we had hunted it.

So we run back about a mile on this public property, and take down a set, and move it back to the water oak. The only differance is we hung the stands literally 20 yards from the edge of this bucks bedding area. We had already decided if we bust him we bust him, we have 4 more moths to hunt, but if he dont bust, then we stood a great chance to kill that buck.

We had the set hung around 4:30 and @ 6:30 guess who shows up, we film this buck for 35 minutes, and all of a sudden its like he is on a rope, coming right at us. He walks literally directly under our stand, and then proceeds to lick our muddy climbing stick, which timmy had sprayed fox unrine on before we climbed up. He knew somthing was up, but did not spook, and proceeds to feed out 7 yards from under my stand.

I could not have asked for a better shot, hard quartering away, stuck it all the way through the chest cavity. The buck crashed no more than 80 yards from the stand.

I could not have asked Timmy to do a better job filmong either. The footage is off the hook. What makes it better is the shot is over the shoulder, with the Vital Gear sights in plain visability. ITS SWEET.

So thanks guys and GL to the rest of you this season, now we have to get Phipps a BBD.

pics on the way

Cory
Old 09-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Spike

Check this guy out, Half in Half out, took that this evening

Old 09-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome buck!
Old 09-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow Cory, I'm so happy and proud of you guys! You have officially earned the name of "Team Kentucky Bootleggers"! You my even have a T-Shirt someday! Dallas "Gimme Four" has the first one though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.