HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   White Knuckle Productions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions-90/)
-   -   help me decide (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions/302898-help-me-decide.html)

clark_franki 09-07-2009 05:22 PM

help me decide

3 Attachment(s)
he is 4 but i don't know if i should shoot or let walk

09_bobcat 09-07-2009 05:28 PM

its your call ultimatly. but if it was me, with a well managed place and the opportunity to let him grow, i would let him, atleast one more year maybe two and hope for more tine length (which is very possible). but in the end its your call, if he makes you happy like he is then take him! if he was to cross my path i would. but im in a high pressure area where a 3.5 yr old is OLD!!! ha good luck my man!

ryanhill 09-07-2009 06:59 PM

i would try to let him go for at least another year , let him pack on some mass . who knows what a year can do

Schmitty8 09-08-2009 01:56 PM

Let em Grow!

I'd give him another year to gain some mass! If your in an area where you think he would make it!! Good Luck

oneidaeagle79 09-08-2009 04:41 PM

there are some factors that i would have to know before shooting this buck, do you know if there bigger bucks in the area? is it a high pressure piece of property? is this the kind of buck you would like to fill your tag on? etc, sometimes you just "gotta eat that tag" hes a good lookin buck, he would make a great trophy, good luck in whatever you decide to do when he walks by your stand!

clark_franki 09-08-2009 05:48 PM

Well this deer is on a farm that i am hunting for the first time this year. He is that biggest buck that i have a pic of on this farm. The farm is made up of three big thick draws and a 16 acre patch of timber that we are not goin to hunt. I know that the buck is old enough but i just think he might need a year. The bad thing is that he is on a patteren and i might be able to get a crack at him the first night if the wind is right.

But i think i will wait and see what might pop up on this farm. I am hunting fulton co. and there are some gaints around.

indianaboy 09-08-2009 09:18 PM

If you are in it for the score of the deer and you know there is something out there that is bigger score wise then pass. I myself would not hesitate to shoot.

stikbow26 09-09-2009 02:51 AM

4 1/2 years old and is the biggest you have seen there is no garuntee he will get better. Soul search if you would be happy then take him if you have killed bigger then you might want to wait till next year, but don't get caught up in this I need bigger when he might be the best he can be.. Walt

bsphip2 09-09-2009 05:52 AM

You can not kill a 200 incher if there is not one running around. The same goes where Iam hunting I ve got a couple in the 160's trying to hold off for something bigger would be unrealisitc. Especially for the property sizes and pressure. Note, that does not mean there are not bigger bucks there because how many times are you hunting and your like, there goes a deer I dont even have trail cam pics of...but, I know he would look alot better with an arrow in him :)