Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

bloodrunner problems

Old 09-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot mine yesterday for about 50 shots into a block and no problems with them at all. I am very impressed with the way these babies fly now I just need to put a couple through some boiler rooms to see how they really work..Walt
Old 09-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

told nap about the problem they sent me a new pack of the black bloodrunners and some of the practice heads no questions asked . couldnt believe it , good customer service is hard to find these days . you got a good sponsor there todd
Old 09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Spike

Well guys I smoked my eight point with a bloodrunner at 50 yards the only problem I had was penetration but what do u expect at 50 yards. The hole was huge
Old 09-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

i cant wait to let one of these bad boys go on a deer . did you get into bone with it
Old 09-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Spike

It went straight through a rib bone and stopped at opposite shoulder
Old 09-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

very nice , was he a bleeder
Old 09-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Spike

Couldn't really tell, it rained alot, but there was blood so i dunno.

I discussed this with Todd the other night and done some pondering on the situation.

As the arrow flys, it only has so much energy, while this arrow is in flight it is in the form of kinetic energy. Now once the arrow is in flight it only has so much energy. When any broadhead/arrow combo makes contact with an animal it starts to exponentially loss energy. With and mechanical broadhead, it takes a certain amount of energy to open/activate the blades. What makes the bloodrunners slightly different from other heads on the market is they are spring loaded, therefore there require energy to keep them open.

With broadheads that just blow through a deer, then you have all this wasted energy once the arrow passes through. What makes the bloodrunner special is that it seems to be designed to transfer as much energy as possible into the animal, once the arrow has dissipated all its energy and stops, then you have a RAZOR sharp broad head just cutting the shizzle out of everything it touches inside the animal. This provides a quick fatal end to the event. Basically, if the deer runs its dead, if it don't run its dead.

That all made sense to me, i don't know if it sounded stupid to everyone else, who knows. Chime in guys.

I had the chance to smoke a doe at 20 yards with this broadhead Sunday morning and you talking about a MASSIVE wound channel, but no passthrough. So who knows.

Cory
Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's the key point - you are putting 100% of the energy into an animal, not 80% into the animal, and 20% into the ground.

I've shot 1-3/4" cutting diameter expandibles for years now. Very rairly will I get pass throughs unless the animal is perfectly broadside. Many times I would only get 12" of penetration as most of my shots were quartering away and I would hit heavy bone or mass on the opposite side shoulder.

I don't care if I get a pass through or not when blood is hosing 8 ft. out of a wound and I can see the blood trail for 50 yards before getting out of my tree. Very rarely does a deer even make it out of sight for that matter! When I get results like this, I don't care what my arrow does. It kills em dead, and fast! That is what I want to do, I don't care about two holes as much as I care about causing the most tissue damage as possible on an animal. That is what kills them fast!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

I always WANT to have two holes. Does it always happen, nope. Anyone who has spent anytime in the woods hunting will tell you things do go wrong. There is not always that 100% perfect shot, and therefore not always those 100% perfect hits, blood trails, recoverys, etc...

I have shot deer high, as in an extreme angle from a stand, and if there isn't an exit hole, there will not be much blood at all pumping up and out of that high entry hole.

I am anxious to see some photos/video of many of the new heads this year, including the Blood Runner.

Mark
Old 09-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

ive never shot mechanical before so i got high hopes for these weapons of mass destruction . i love the concept . mark , hopefully i have a picture to post for you in a couple of weeks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.