HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   White Knuckle Productions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions-90/)
-   -   elite ??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions/299880-elite.html)

ryanhill 08-06-2009 04:32 PM

elite ???

i am looking at buying a new elite , ive never shot one before and the closest dealer is 2 hours away from were i live . i had some question's that maybee you guy's could help me with . my main concern is the grip i like a bow that has harldy any grip at all , i normally take it off . second how are they to tune . i dont want to have to spend more time tuning than i do shooting . and lastly do they draw smooth i hate drawing a bow that feels like there are stages to the draw cycle . any input would be great thanks fellas

ryanhill 08-06-2009 04:38 PM

And how much shock do they have

stikbow26 08-07-2009 02:43 AM

Ryan you will be in for a big surprise with what you posted then, It has a tiny grip and the draw is incredeble it comes tunes right out of the box with a sticker of who tuned it and Z-28 has no hand shock at all.. All in all it is one of the sweetest bow I have ever shot..Walt

MIBIGHNTR 08-07-2009 06:46 AM

Ryan,

For a pure hunting bow you will love the Z28! It is super smooth and rolls into the valley like butter. The handles on all the Elites are the same, very nice and narrow to minimize torque on the grip. I would most closely compare them to Bowtech grips, if you have ever felt those?? The GT500 is faster than the Z28 but many find the draw a bit less smooth and the valley a bit shorter. The A2A on the GT500 is a couple inches longer and has less BH as compared to the Z28. The GT500 spits fire for speed though!

Go and check them out, I think you will find the 2-hour drive worthwhile!

Just a side note, make sure the shop is knowledgable on Elite bows. If they have adjusted the draw-stops and they are not set properly, the bows will feel like they have no valley at all.

GOOD LUCK!

Mark

PS - Where in IL are you?? I will be heading down within a few weeks and if you are close I will bring my Elites for you to check out and see which you like better.

ryanhill 08-07-2009 11:16 AM

i live in pittsfield il. its an hour south west of springfield right next to the mississippi river and the il . river . in pike county . were you headn to

MIBIGHNTR 08-07-2009 01:44 PM

I'll be in the Casey/Martinsville area on the east side off I70.

Mark

WKP Todd 08-08-2009 06:54 AM

I don't know that I've really met anyone who has shot an Elite and didn't like it - or buy one. Mark - you ever heard of anyone who didn't fall in love with one after shooting it?

MIBIGHNTR 08-08-2009 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by WKP Todd (Post 3402845)
I don't know that I've really met anyone who has shot an Elite and didn't like it - or buy one. Mark - you ever heard of anyone who didn't fall in love with one after shooting it?

Not anyone with an open mind......:D

Mark

Germ 08-09-2009 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by WKP Todd (Post 3402845)

Here's one:s12:

Elite bows are great bows, I had the GT500. We just did not blend. Elite is a love it or hate it bow. I tried like hell to shoot it, we just did not mesh. For me it was the pull and wall, just not for me.

MIBIGHNTR 08-09-2009 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Germ (Post 3403880)
Here's one:s12:

Elite bows are great bows, I had the GT500. We just did not blend. Elite is a love it or hate it bow. I tried like hell to shoot it, we just did not mesh. For me it was the pull and wall, just not for me.

Germ,

I can respect that! I have shot most of the Elite bows from 2007 through present and I will say the GT500 is probably the most challenging one to shoot well. Having said that, it is an AWESOME bow but is a little more finicky and must be tuned a little more carefully to shoot well. Once it is tuned, it is a FLAT OUT shooter!

All of the '09 Elites have dual draw stops, so that back walls will ALWAYS be ROCK SOLID as they bottom out on the limbs. The depth of the valley is also controlled, to a degree, by the position of the draw stops so if they are not set properly the bow will be uncomfortable or challenging to shoot well. The other factor that will play into this equation is that a shooter has to know their draw length and have a solid anchor. It's all about the little things and having them all dialed-in!! :D

Mark