Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > White Knuckle Productions
 Question about the new Muddy Sticks >

Question about the new Muddy Sticks

White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Question about the new Muddy Sticks

Old 07-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Spike

Well, I am pumped, My New Muddy sticks are on their way, can't wait to check out some of Todd's handy work. Still haven't decided on a stand am waiting a couple of weeks. Muddy, Lone Wolf or the tree saddle. I really like the idea of the tree saddle just have two major concerns. 1. How could you have proper form when drawing a bow from the thing? 2. Seems like there would be excessive movement. Don't know will brew on it. So now I have a new way to get in a tree, just nothing to sit in when I get there....lol
Old 07-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Spike

Default Saw your Mention of the Tree Saddle

It has intrigued me since I first read about it. For the N. East it looks like it has some very good advantages, but I have never used one..
The LW alpha worked very well last season and I even got to do a few two up setups with my son. Very quiet setup and sit.
I like the rope idea on the new muddy sticks, but I have the LW for another year.
Hope someone has a little info on using a saddle.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 PM

Default Tree Saddle

I have been hunting out of a saddle for 5 hunting seasons and will never hunt from a conventional tree stand again. I will give some reasons why I like the saddle so much.

* Light weight 2lbs. and fits in my day pack or I can wear it to my hunting location.
* Carrying a bulky heavy tree stand around sucks, especially thru a swap or heavy cover.
* I can setup an unlimited amount of trees and use only on tree saddle.
* A major advantage is the fact that you can be sure your stand will be there when you arrive because it is always with you.
* When properly adjusted the saddle is very comfortable, and acts as its own safety belt, and is almost impossible to fall out of once properly fastened to the tree.
* Another form of mobility is the ability to adjust to circumstances. If you find a hot scrape area or fresh rub line it is no problem to quietly set up and hunt in a matter of minutes if you take a set of steps with you.
* The saddles "specific" mobility, makes it possible to shoot a full 360 degrees around most trees.
* You can keep the trunk of the tree that you are in between you and the deer. As a non-targeted deer approach you slowly ease your way around the trunk, out of sight of the deer. This keeps your silhouette from sticking out from the tree. This is especially important in pressured areas where deer tend to look for hunters in trees.
* When I go out of state or hunt a new area I can easily set up 3 trees without going back to the vehicle and getting another stand and I don't have to carry around a stand while setting up.
* Shooting from the saddle is easy you should practice shooting from the saddle prior to the season to get the feel for it.
*Another major advantage is general mobility, or the ability to hunt almost any tree in the woods. It is no longer a question of finding a tree to hunt out of, but finding the right spot and making a tree work.

I hope this helps answer any question about the saddle. I use the ambush tree saddle it is made of a mesh like material it is light weight,easy to clean, and rolls up easily so I can fit it in my day pack.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:37 PM
Spike

Todd, The sticks are crazy awesome and quiet, fantastic job man, really!
Ambush: Thanks for the info on the Tree saddle....I am going to buy it and get some practice in before October 1. I have read more positive feedback then negative, combined with the Muddy sticks......DEADLY quiet, I think I could set up in a bucks bedroom and never cause an ear to turn in my direction.

As for concerns about the Muddy sticks....I am a short guy 5'7" and was able to get right at 20 feet without stretching too far at all. I am certain the Lonewolf sticks are nice, but there is no way they set up more quietly or easily than the new Muddy sticks....I totally dig-em', this is the climbing stick perfected.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well buddy, that's the first official review I've recieved from anyone who doesn't have something to do with WKP or Muddy. Thanks very much.

I actually used them last night when doing a run and Gun set-up on a velvet buck hotspot. I used 2 sticks and the base of my stand was around 11 or 12 feet.

It is also the first time I've used them in a real "hunting" situation where I was actually concerned with being quiet and fast. I had deer coming out from the time I walked in until I was finished setting up.

The rope attachment is sweet, but honestly having two steps to stand on is the biggest advantage over the other guys. It's so much easier setting a stand when you can use any of the steps / sides, or both at the same time. WAY safer and easier!

I think Muddy will do very well with them!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Spike

Ok Todd, on the bottom of the climbing stick on the tree cleat there is a hole machined off to the left side. What the heck is that for anyway? I am sure it wasn't machined without a purpose in mind...lol. Just curious.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

To hang it on the new Muddy Harness..
Old 08-03-2009, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stikbow26
To hang it on the new Muddy Harness..
Can you explain how?