Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > White Knuckle Productions
 Ok one more question about GWW >

Ok one more question about GWW

Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Ok one more question about GWW

Old 05-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Spike

Default Ok one more question about GWW

I have all my pennies saved up. Talked with Jeff yesterday (super nice guy). and we talked about the those crazy Whiteknuckle guys. So I need to pick your brains while I am waiting on the arrival of the Fall Gray fabric.
I am struggling to figure out if I just want the windproof liner or windproof and comfortmax? Of course I want the least amount of bulk, but I also don't want to be wimpering in my treestand like a little girl. I took Todd's recommendations for Patagonia (way better than UA) and bought some of the Campmor 100 polartec fleece. But I also ordered a Gerbing heated vest. The reviews are great!
So chime in WKP guys.....Wind barrier or comfortmax or both if you did it all over again and why or why not? Thanks guys hoping you're on some good ones for the fall. Thanks for all your help! I can't believe I have to wait another year for a new WKP video.....I will have to buy them all again because I will have them wore out by then...lol
Old 05-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ok one more question about GWW

Get both, you will not regret it!!!

Even with both, the GWW is surprisingly light and low bulk for how warm it is. I am speaking of the Wolfskin, I guess I should add. Their vest also adds a great extra layer of warmth for a fairly minimal cost, in my opinion.

Mark
Old 05-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Spike

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I can only purchase one outfit this year. Though I do plan on an annual purchase, but I never like to plan on the future. So I am trying to decide what is the most versatile. I am hoping with the gerbing heated vest (which I have not received yet) that maybe with my other layers that the windbarrier will be enough. For the sake of argument assume that I have the cold tolerance of Todd...lol. It would be much easier to make a decision if I knew someone who had the stuff. Until I can feel a jacket or put it on, it is really hard to know. I am absolutely fired up to get this stuff!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

I meant to get both the wind barrier and the comfortmax in the same outfit!

Mark
Old 05-04-2009, 04:49 AM
Spike

Oh ok.....Thanks...Did I mention I was a little slow...lol
Old 05-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Spike

Get both liners, I wish I had.

I second a GWW vest, I bought one from Jeff on his clearance rack last year at the Iowa Deer Classic... it is awesome and in the dark green I can wear it for more than hunting and remain... fashionable.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep both but I guess you have heard that before!!! Walt
Old 05-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Spike

Thanks everyone. Now I have to decide if I want Pants or Bibs...hehehehe....You guys really are great, I appreciate it. Feel free to chime in on the later as well. : )
Old 05-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me I love pants and hate bibs not for any good reasons just me, When I hunted alot here in Michigan I was a bib hunter just for the warmth around my kidney area because Michigan can be brutal cold but now that I hunt southern Illinois I love wearing pants so I think you are on your own for that decision!! Walt
Old 05-07-2009, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

I am a bib guy. Like Walt said, when it is really cold, I like the extra layer around my mid-section and the added warmth. Plus if you are a little rounder like me, the bibs are a little more comfy.

Mark

Quick Reply: Ok one more question about GWW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.