Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Muddy sticks

Old 02-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Muddy sticks

They will stack on the Muddy stands and LW stands just like the LW sticks currently do. They will also be able to be packed on the new Muddy stands (by fall) by laying them on their sides. It is completely differenant than anything you've ever seen. I'll post picks when we have prototypes available and what-not.

I don't use the hook system - I use a light weight hang-on to make hanging them easier (IMO). Not a big fan of the hook system because you loose length on the seats, just not as comfortable. Also, these hanging systems are not as stabile IMO. We are looking into some type of easier method of hanging - but it's very difficult to make everyone happy. Simple is king, and will be the driving force on every design I'm involved with.

Thanks for the interest.

Todd
Old 02-02-2009, 07:08 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

They will stack on the Muddy stands and LW stands just like the LW sticks currently do. They will also be able to be packed on the new Muddy stands (by fall) by laying them on their sides. It is completely differenant than anything you've ever seen. I'll post picks when we have prototypes available and what-not.

I don't use the hook system - I use a light weight hang-on to make hanging them easier (IMO). Not a big fan of the hook system because you loose length on the seats, just not as comfortable. Also, these hanging systems are not as stabile IMO. We are looking into some type of easier method of hanging - but it's very difficult to make everyone happy. Simple is king, and will be the driving force on every design I'm involved with.

Thanks for the interest.

Todd
The hook system is by far the easiest way to hang a stand, you can do it with one hand. The only other stand that I have seen is the chipa-wal tree stands. But I have not used them. What do you mean there not stable? You put the hook around the tree set the stand and then put a 2nd strap around the tree, you could hang a car from the thing.

Don't get me wrong I like the design of the stand but if you hunt like we do and set your stand every time then quick and quite is a must. I think that if you leave the stand then it would be a great stand for sure. For most people that is what they do, set and leave it. But for us we hang them every time so there is no faster way than the hook.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

90% of my set-ups are on crooked trees (side to side). I can set two stands in some pretty crazy trees - using a single strap on each stand. The problem with the hook systems is that the top of the stand is forced to the center of the tree. On most of our cameraman set-ups, you simply have to split the tree angle between the hunters stand and cameraman. Usually one stand is on a crazy angle (to the tree), but still dead-level and secure with only a single strap.

If you are hanginga single stand on pretty level tree - the hooks work great. I just never have the luxury of picking a good tree because I swear god puts the worst trees in the best spots just to make it hard. About half the LW guys (or more) use the hooks. This tells you it's easier for alot of guys. I prefer the single strap on the top button and flexibility on a crazy tree. I think that is the advantage of hang-ons versus climbers for the same reason; you have more options. The hook just limits those options is all.

Word out!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Todd-
Have you heard of anybody experimenting with plastic with also some type metal intigrated in the middle for strength? it would be awsome to lighten things up.
I've been talking with some friends about a design. I thought I would ask before I would go any further.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry! talking about tree stand design.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger6

Sorry! talking about tree stand design.
There is a company that makes a plastic tree stand now...........but they are actually heavier than some of the better alum. Loc-ons.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Wildlife

The hook system is by far the easiest way to hang a stand, you can do it with one hand. The only other stand that I have seen is the chipa-wal tree stands. But I have not used them. What do you mean there not stable? You put the hook around the tree set the stand and then put a 2nd strap around the tree, you could hang a car from the thing.

Don't get me wrong I like the design of the stand but if you hunt like we do and set your stand every time then quick and quite is a must. I think that if you leave the stand then it would be a great stand for sure. For most people that is what they do, set and leave it. But for us we hang them every time so there is no faster way than the hook.
If you are just using the hook strap without the second strap on Lone Wolf, you are flirting with disaster.......A good friend of mine that has helped Andrea build alot of his designs has said time and again NOT to use just the hook strap as it can come unhooked when locking the stand down and cause you and the stand to fall........

I like the idea of the muddy sticks rope system, if you could incorporate that into the tree stand design it would be the best sytem out there for quiet, quick and solid sets.Only design change I could think of would be to make it universal to either side of the tree.( In other words make the rope on a swivel of some sort so you didn't have to wrap it around the tree from one side only.)
Old 02-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your friend is correct, you MUST use a second strap when using a hook system on any treestand. This is why I prefer not using the hooks. I can do the same thing better with less (in my mind anyway). So - this is why I do what I do.

The Cam system to be used on a stand is already patent pending. We will be looking into this in the future. I tested using a single cam system (the same one used on the sticks) on a stand this year. It works, but we need a beefier version for a stand, and two of them. Should work great!

Todder out...
Old 02-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

Todd,

Curious what kind of load testing was done on the rope/cam system on the sticks?? Being a big guy, can't take any chances......

Thanks!

Mark
Old 02-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have already been testing- will continue testing, and have everything nailed down and confirmed before we send anything to TMA for testing, which is required for all products.

Let me put it to you this way, we've already tested the cam system to over 1,100 pounds before it basically bends the tube in-half.

I will know for-sure when we have the final testing of the final design, but believe me dude - I am more concerned with safety than anyone - that's my job. The rope and cam system is so strong you won't have to worry about it. The rope itself is rated to 3,800+ break strength.It is the best rope you can buy - and we won't sacrificequality of it or any critical component to save a few bucks. That's whythey aren't cheap. Quality materialsand innovation isn'tcheap!

Quick Reply: Muddy sticks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.