HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   White Knuckle Productions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions-90/)
-   -   Excited for this year.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions/263325-excited-year.html)

Vabowman 09-15-2008 05:24 PM

Excited for this year....

Im really excited for this year and to see what you guys will put out. I wish you all luck and a safe season. I have been out and scouted and even got some footage of some early scrapes and rubs and a nice 10 pt. Im going to try and create a homemade video for my friends and myself to watch after the season. I havethe best land to hunt this year ,more so thanI have in 20 yrs of hunting.. I hoping for the best. Good luck guys and be careful!!!

stikbow26 09-15-2008 06:46 PM

RE: Excited for this year....

Thanks VA and right back at you!! Keep us posted and good luck with the big 10pt!!Walt

WKP Todd 09-16-2008 12:52 PM

I just wrote a field journal on this topic, but for the first time in YEARS, I'm actually ready for this season early! I litterally bought my Iowa tags today, and placed my last order to B&H for the season (ouch!). Bow is ripping, I'm shooting better than I ever have shot in my life, and the target bucks have been aquired! Now it's simply a matter of getting a crack at one of them!

Good luck this year Vabowman and thanks for your participation in our forum!

Shoot Straight!

todd

stikbow26 09-16-2008 01:27 PM

Thaks Todd you had to mention B&H!!! I thought I was ready and have been But I just remembered when you said that I need to order film!!! Crap more $!!! Walt

Vabowman 09-16-2008 04:46 PM

Thanks Todd! I am shooting better then ever before myself. This year I dedicated all my spare time to archery and learning the tech side of this game. I have always been a bowhunter at heart, even when I started 18 yrs ago I knew there was something special about it, but I never dedicated this much time to it in the spring and summer as I have this year. I think Im becoming a mature bowhunter/ serious bowhunter if you will.. one that sees past, or pardon my expression, "Beyond the Kill" no pun intended....my arrows flying true and Im ready for the fall!! Good luck Todd, Walt , Dallas, Pass thru, anyone else on this particularforum as well!!!

Jason Cuda 09-16-2008 07:05 PM

Vabowman, good luck this season. See you got bit too!! I hope you put together some great footage. The WKP gang does an awesome job every season, and being strictly an archer for 20 years, I know what it takes to not only put big deer down, BUT specific, targeted bucks! That means passing up on some decent deer, and lots of passed opportunities to score. Here is where the filming end comes in, if you can shoot them with the camera within your effective bowrange, well then thats just as good as sending an arrow thru their vitals, and its even more rewarding when your friends view your tape, and see the deer you have passed on. That my friend, moves you to the next level right there. Best of luck, and I hope you score on your 10pt.

Jason Cuda

Vabowman 09-17-2008 07:26 AM

Thanks Jason, I will not really target a certain buck until I know I can get on him without spooking him. The 10 pt is 4 hrs away from me and i have 3 days to hunt 1500 acrs, he's not the biggest buck there by a long shot, but I will take him if I can. Im already set for a few stands on that farm and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Locally, I have not entered the woods yet, I have been hunting them for years and i think the best approach is very little impact.. these are suburban deer and they are very smart..I look forward to conversing and sharing in the stories this year with you guys, I am a huge supporter of WKP. I believe in what yall are doing and admire yalls dedication. good luck!

Dallas_Ft_Worth 09-17-2008 11:03 AM

Good luck to you as well. For some reason I think WKP is going to have a rad ass year.

youngbuck 09-18-2008 07:09 PM

Man the days are counting down! And i know you's are going to do a great job again! Bring it on WKP! I honestly can't wait! And ya I know everyone is doing it, but i'm gonna have a video camera with me this year too! Just for fun, and alsoso i can show friends and family what i'm up too. It really is great way to make a story of your season... Oh and trust me I'll leave the real stuff to the pro's!;)
Gerard

stikbow26 09-18-2008 07:29 PM

Gerard, Be carefull that is how it starts and then pretty soon you can't get enough of it and you are hooked on filming!!Good luck this year!!Walt