HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   White Knuckle Productions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions-90/)
-   -   Kwikee Kwivers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions/262624-kwikee-kwivers.html)

WKP Todd 09-11-2008 11:07 AM

Kwikee Kwivers

This is sort of a random question, but for all the guys and gals who have used Kwikee Kwivers, what is the pro's and con's that you can come up with. If you use a different quiver, what do you like about it compared to a Kwikee?

I've been using these since I was 12, and haven't changed. I'm just curious to know why you like a different brand - or what would make you buy a different brand compared to the Kwikeewhich is usually a fraction of the cost.

Last question, do you like the mount that Kwikee uses or do you think they could improve this design?

Just curious.

Thanks - Todd

circlemhunter 09-11-2008 12:08 PM

RE: Kwikee Kwivers

Todd,
I've had my Kwikee Kwiver for 24 years!! Just got the "carbon arrow upgrades" this spring. Kwikee sent me a new rubber piece for the bottom of the quiver and a new piece for the top for about $3. I figured that was better than $25-40 or more for a new quiver. I have no issues with the mounting system. Although,a twist and lock method might be better. Good luck this season!!

stikbow26 09-11-2008 02:53 PM

Same here Minnie I have been useing it for I don't even know how long and I love them!!!! Simple is better!!! I love the extra screw in the tree clip they give you!!! To make it better I would put something different in the bottom where the broadheads are held maybe something alittle softer but that is it!! I like them and will continue to use it.. Walt

tlambert 09-12-2008 08:32 AM

I've used them for 16years. I have the 5arrow, the 4arrow, and the 3arrow. I've used the 3arrow since they came out and I actually just picked up another one onsale at cabelas for $14 2 weeks ago. I like the mounting system cuz they're quiet. They do wear out after 10 years or so and get a little loose in the bracket and I have had the quiver freeze into the bracketwhile walking to my stand when its below zero,but otherwise no complaints.

badger07 09-15-2008 08:50 AM

It is the only quiver I have ever used in 20 years. I take my quiver off as soon as I get onstand and it works perfectly for that. I am not sure I would ever use it if I had to shoot with it on the bow, but for my needs it does a great job. I agree with Walt in that I wish they would change the head material a bit, but otherwise it works great.
Dave

MIBIGHNTR 09-15-2008 09:06 AM

I will probably take some flack for this, but I really think the Octane quiver is SWEET!!! That magnetic hood is really TRICK! No wear and tear on heads, dulling them pulling in/out, and no problems with mechanicals opening/closingwhile pulling them in/out. I also have been using the Kwickee for as long as I can remember until I picked this Octane up. Time will tell how it performs for me this season.........

Mark

MattressMLB 09-15-2008 10:36 AM

I like the bohing panther 4 arrow quiver It is basiclly like the kiwkee quiver but its made of a felxable plastic that is supposed to be unbreak able andis supposed to absorb vibration so you can shoot with it on all the time but we will see if it really is unbreakable later this year when it gets cold out and its a little more compact than the kwikee. The reason I bought this quiver is because the store I bought it from was out of the kwikee 3 arrow model. the bohing was the same price like 27.00 bucks.

WKP Todd 09-15-2008 10:54 AM

Keep the feedback coming. Maybe the people over at Kwikee will realize they are missing the boat!

stikbow26 09-15-2008 12:06 PM

Mark I was thinking of adding the magnet to my Kwikee 3 arrow holder!! You are right it is nice but man it cost as much as a dozen CX Maxima's!!Walt