HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   White Knuckle Productions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions-90/)
-   -   MI guys need to know (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions/262376-mi-guys-need-know.html)

Pass_Thru 09-09-2008 09:33 PM

MI guys need to know

Hey I went to the CDW meeting tonight that the DNR held at West Walker and they said ALLdeer brought into the state of MI from another CWD state such as WI or IL has to be boned meat, caped, and the capes need to have the skull and antlers removed with all flesh cleaned off the skull plate that hold the antlers. So to be legal a buck needs to have the face skinned and antler base cleaned of all flesh. thats going to be a BIG PAIN IN THE BUTT. So basically you need to take it to a taxidermist to have that done if you dont know how to do it yourself before your trip home. Nice huh????? So there goes another $100 or so.

Jay

sdeland 09-10-2008 03:46 AM

RE: MI guys need to know

Great! That sounds like alot of fun!! lol.. Thanks for letting us know Jay!

Stan

Dallas_Ft_Worth 09-10-2008 07:21 AM

Iowa rules!

Pass_Thru 09-10-2008 09:31 AM

DFW, You guys in Iowa had better hope it never shows up there. There are states all around you that have had atleastone case. It was found in IL, WI, and afew western states. Itsvery possible!!!! Remember it only takes one deer with CWD to start the firestorm.

Jay

WKP Todd 09-10-2008 11:21 AM

If Iowa's track record for game management stays in-tune the way it has thus far - even if we do have a case of CWD, hopefully the DNR will be smart enough to not hit the panic button on a disease that hasn't shown any significant impact on a herd yet. Hopefully anyway!

Michigan boys, good luck this fall. Without bait, about 50% of the guys are going to have a pretty miserable first season having to actually do some scouting and stand set-ups. May help clear the woods of some of the you know who guys!

stikbow26 09-10-2008 04:26 PM

"Not" the only ones I have heard that will not bait are the ones who don't already bait!! Everybody else is just crying like little school girls that it doesn't hurt and they are not going to stop!! Well you had better not be hunting by me because I can tell you I will turn you in end of story!!! Walt

Pass_Thru 09-10-2008 07:57 PM

Yep Walt!!! Me too. Ill turna baiterin faster than greased lightening.

Jay

Dallas_Ft_Worth 09-11-2008 07:20 AM

Iowa rules! And, if CWD shows up around where I hunt I will knock on CWD's front door and punch him or her right in the nose.

Hoytteen 09-11-2008 08:09 AM

Jay, what else did they say about CWD. How many more deer they are culling? How long thebaiting ban is on for? I would of gone but i had class from 6-10[:'(]

TLC Outdoors 09-11-2008 07:21 PM

I have herd of a taxidermy shop in west Michigan giving a class on how to completely cape out a deer. I guess it is not all that hard. If you are an out of state hunter it is a good ides.