White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Rock Star Status...

Old 07-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rock Star Status...

Not sure if you all have been following some of my other posts at kisky, but last week I was introduced to a local Producer/Editor/Videographer whom does all of the video work for www.jpcycles.com/video ,Rinehart's Taxidermy School show, and also does freelance work for the Music Industry here in Iowa. One of the Rock Jocks from a local radio station/Freelance Videographerand Shannon (mentioned above) started a show called Back Stage Pass, where they document the life of Rocks Bands and what goes on "Backstage".Well anyways, as the story goes, I received a call last week asking ME of all people if I wanted to attend and film the documentery for show two of Back Stage Pass featuring Puddle of Mudd and of course I said NO, I do not have the experience needed or a Demo Reel to send you; Nah just joking, I said *%& YES!!! Well anyways, we met Friday at the venue with all of our equipment at approx 5:30, got to park right next to the tour buses, and had ALL ACCESS PASSESS!!! I was scared to death, becasue the first thing I was responsible for was interviewing and following around the Promotional and Production Managers and then the Wes, the lead singer from Puddle of Mudd and then the remainder of the night had to collect B-Roll footage of the other two bands, the crowd, vendors, band managers, stage and sound crews, security and all of the little things that make up a Rock Concert. Well, let us say that at the end of the night I was exhausted, wore out, beat, sore, tired, happy as hell, and just could not believe what I had done and was really concerned with just what I had all captured and how it turned out... Well I got up this am (with a hang over) and previewed my footage, and, well, I am not going to pat myself on the back just yet, but in my opinion, IT WAS AWESOME!!! Now to wait to see what the editor has to say and see how much of it goes on the editing floor, so to speak, but I gave it my best shot and I also want to add that the Promotional Manager offered me a job following them around the US filming the rest of their concerts for Back Stage Pass (which I did not accept), plus I had about three other offers from others for video and photography work, infact they want me to come shoot the Saliva concert this coming Saturday at the Marion, Iowa Airport and I just may say yes! I will see oncethe showis edited, if I can slide a little preview on You Tube.
Later,
Old 07-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rock Star Status...

Jeff, thats awesome man. Now you just need to nail down the big IA band. SLIPKNOT!!!!! They would be over the top to film. Good luck and keep us posted.

Jay
Old 07-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Just gone done shooting the openers and closers and some of the voice overs... This stuff is a blast!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way go Jeff!!!! That is pretty cool!! Walt
Old 07-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats....sounds like a great time
Old 08-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's pretty sweet dude! I think that would be a blast! I'm a big-time "rock" fan too! The only thing better than that would be to get a call from James Hetfield telling me he watched the video I sent him! he he he.. Someday we'll be hunting exclusively with rock stars and celebrities.............NOT!!!!!

Craig Morgan needs to crank his bow down, he's drawing FAR too much weight!