Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

My new AM ritual...

Old 05-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My new AM ritual...

Try holding your bow as vertical as possible prior to drawing, draw strait back, checkthe level onyour sight when you come to full draw and check for amount of cant. It may help to attempt to address the cant from the start of the draw process rather than get the bow to full draw and then adjust. Most bows have a tendancy to cant towards the side where the sight and quiver attaches. It doesn't seem like it, but the added weight on that side of the bow tends to pull it that way. Also, if you ever did much if any traditional shooting, that is the natural tendancy to cant in that same direction to maintain your form and keep the arrow on your rest. Also the same reason most competetion shooters run an offset type of stabilization of some sort, to balance the equipment weight out and keep the rig as level as possible.

None of this probably new to you though.........

Good luck!

Mark
Old 05-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go Todd!!!! I can tellanyone from experiance that going a year without much practice might just be a HUGE mistake. hehehe.......

For those who haveseen The Grind you know what Im talkin about. I wasnt able to practice until late in the summer due to surgery but thats no excuse for this season.

Jay
Old 06-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always intentionally shot with the cant because itjust feltnatural. Now I just want to eliminate that right/left margin of error and start paying attention to my bubble.

In a matter of 4 or 5 practice sessions, I'm already shooting great and falling into the natural order of things. My straight vertical position actually puts a slight fuzz of the string just inside my view. It's a great way of me knowing where I'm at and that I'm on.

Already noticed my groups tightening. Very cool to be there in June!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:14 PM

Why do you want to elimnate your "cant"? I have always preferred to shoot with one....old 3-D days. Can't you just adjust your sight or level to match your cant?

If you're comfortable shooting that way I'd matchyour site toyour style.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

Great routine Todd. I have been shooting everyday also. It is alot easier when it is in your basement. Just started shooting outside so that I can get more yards. Congrats keep up the good routine
Old 06-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Typical Buck

Well I geuss I need a new occupation! If any of you guys have ever been to dowtown Grand Haven in the summer time....you get it. I need to get out and release. My morning ritual is a whole lot diferent.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Spoiler

Well I geuss I need a new occupation! If any of you guys have ever been to dowtown Grand Haven in the summer time....you get it. I need to get out and release. My morning ritual is a whole lot diferent.
Ahhhhhh..... downtown GH in the summer is GREAT! Makes me feel old, though.....hahaha!

Mark
Old 06-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well boys the targets are always up in my back yard come over and shoot any time you like!!!! 40 yards is the farthest but it is just fun shooting. I have been out there every day for about 50-100 arrows a day, and even as picky as I am I have my bow set up exactly perfect for the season already!! Walt
Old 06-10-2008, 03:33 PM

Speeking of down town Grand Haven during the summer... "I can't wait until Coast Guard!"

Mikey C. i'm coming to get you!

DFW
Old 06-11-2008, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

DFW, Thats ok if you come for Mikey just don't end up with me!!!!!!!!Walt

Quick Reply: My new AM ritual...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.