HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   White Knuckle Productions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions-90/)
-   -   Monster Dead Buck Found - Double Main Beam! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions/244197-monster-dead-buck-found-double-main-beam.html)

WKP Todd 04-28-2008 02:41 PM

Monster Dead Buck Found - Double Main Beam!

One of our new team members Derek Graham found one heck of a buck over the weekend while mushroom hunting on the family farm in Illinois. This is a buck they had seen several times this season - Derek's dad passed the buck at 20 yards with a bow (it'll be in next year's video), and they have the sheds to from last season. The buck gross-scored at 192" - and the second main-beam was over 22" long.

WOW!!!!! Enjoy - it'll be in our next video!

WKP Todd 04-28-2008 02:42 PM

RE: Monster Dead Buck Found - Double Main Beam!

Here is another picture with Derek's dad - Keith Graham.

ranger6 04-28-2008 07:37 PM

Holy ****! How could you pass that shot up? Either you droped a steamer in your pants or just fell out of your tree!

Steven McBee 04-28-2008 07:39 PM

how the heck could he pass that buck up?

WKP Todd 04-29-2008 08:39 AM

Basically - in a nut-shell, Keith is an outfitter and had some clients coming in the next day. He didn't feel right killing the buck when he had paying customers coming the next day. If that isn't ethics - I'm not sure what is!

Hoyt82 04-29-2008 12:22 PM

Todd

After we found the buck dad was sick that he didn't take the shot, but who would have ever of known. I have to give dad a lot of credit for passing. The best thing is that I got to see himthe next day in the field thatI was hunting. He would have been huge next year. Here is a couple more pics that we took the other day.

Here was a pic of me trying to get a different angle for videoing

Dallas_Ft_Worth 04-29-2008 03:28 PM

A... thats large! Great find. WKP has more shed footage the we know what to do with.

WKP Todd 04-29-2008 05:19 PM

Oh - I think we'll find something to do with it! he he he...

Casper16k 04-29-2008 07:14 PM

That is sick. Absolute monster. I give your dad a lot of credit passing up a monster like that. Great find though.

ranger6 04-29-2008 07:24 PM

That takes greatstrength notto whack something but that's a way of doing buisness. I tell ya something. if I was a customer andI had seen that big monster I would be back. good managment!!

sdeland 04-29-2008 08:22 PM

Unbelievable..

Stan

NY/Al 04-30-2008 09:31 AM

cuz1455 05-04-2008 04:15 PM

that is an amazing buck. that is great business to leave that for the customers. it is a shame that it was not found.

Western MA Hunter 05-08-2008 06:56 AM

Nice find... unfortunate to lose a deer of that caliber.

SS1304 05-08-2008 01:54 PM

Good looking deer Derek.

Vabowman 05-31-2008 08:21 PM

nice deer, why would he be hunting at all if he was gonna pass that kind of deer?? I mean really, what would it have taken for him to shoot a buck? 200" 220" 250""???

WKP Todd 06-01-2008 04:13 PM

I'm pretty sure Derek's dad is a 220" orbigger type of guy! he he he...

Hoyt82 06-01-2008 10:31 PM

My dad has killed a few nice trophys....don't you think Todd....lol

Vabowman 06-02-2008 11:07 AM

I guess some folks roll like that, but then again, you can when live Iowa!

Rory/MO 06-02-2008 02:55 PM

how do you pass that up!

SS1304 06-02-2008 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I guess some folks roll like that, but then again, you can when live Iowa!
No in Iowa. Its Illinois. Gotta love living here.

WKP Todd 06-03-2008 08:32 AM

You can have Illinois, here in Iowa we don't even pick up our bows unless the buck is a "quad" main-beam rack. Tripples are for babies! he he he....

bowmanaj 06-03-2008 02:59 PM

wow..

SS1304 06-03-2008 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

You can have Illinois, here in Iowa we don't even pick up our bows unless the buck is a "quad" main-beam rack. Tripples are for babies! he he he....
Easy... We have some good ones runnign around here. I have 300 acres just east of Hoyt in a different county with some nice ones on it,

cowboy4513 06-05-2008 02:09 PM

You would have to be the biggest idiot in the world to pass that up... Nuff said

WKP Todd 06-05-2008 06:56 PM

Or the best outfitter in the world - who actually values his customers! How would you feel if you were paying several thousand dollars to hunt 5 days - and pull into camp only to find out that the owner slammed the biggest buck on the property the night before! That's a great way to loose clients! If you saw Mr. Graham's trophy room - you would understand how he can pass a buck like that.

It is all on-camera - it will be on our next video. The footage is pretty insane!

ranger6 06-05-2008 09:01 PM

Sorry! I'm a dedicated bow hunter like everybody else. but Dang! I would not pay several G's for it. my self I would shoot it !

SS1304 06-05-2008 11:15 PM

I'll back up Keith and Derek, Graham Outdoor Adventures. Very nice people and great setup. I have known Derek on a personal level for probally 6 years. They run a very good program down there. If anyone every wants a good hunt and a chance to see some awesome deer definatly check out their place.

And Todd his trophy room is definatly AWESOME!! I know right now they are up in Canada Bear hunting and when Derek gets back I hope that he will post up some pictures of the trophy room definatly a hunters dream room.

8pt~Bowhunter 06-07-2008 06:56 PM

Wow! Awesome buck!

stikbow26 06-08-2008 08:52 AM

One word describes it all!!! Character!!!! Good people promote good things!! Walt

Hoyt82 06-08-2008 07:02 PM

Thanks for all the great comments on the deer. When I found that buck dead dad was sick to his stomach. The only great thing about it is that we got some great footage of him before he died.

I am on my way back and still in Canada. I will post some pics of dad's trophy room when I get home..........Derek