White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

On the board in Iowa - Shredder Jr. - Unbelievable!

Old 01-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: On the board in Iowa - Shredder Jr. - Unbelievable!

I'm just glad I didn't kill his mommy that season! I did shoot a small doe late season thinking it was a big doe! Looks like I made the right guess after all!

I'm going to say it's Shredder Jr. because it makes the story much better! he he he...

Old 01-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tree rat, I didn't stand a chance then because both sides of my family are bald!!!!![:@] Everyone but my darn brother he has a ton of hair!!! Walt
Old 01-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Tree rat, I didn't stand a chance then because both sides of my family are bald!!!!![:@] Everyone but my darn brother he has a ton of hair!!! Walt
At least you are taller than he is!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

man im guessing that may be his son, those are almost identical!
great find and good luck with him
Old 02-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

When i want to get pumped about the upcoming shed season, i just visit the WKP forums, that usually does it nice find.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

That is amazingly similiar. I've seen many deer sheds that have definite relations to one another.. but that one is by far the neatest I've ever seen.

It is a biological fact that whitetails actually recieve more of their antler making DNA from their mothers.. not much more.. but like 60-40 in favor of mom. Micro-chondrial DNA.. or something like that. So it is most likely a specific doe family group that is producing those results. Very cool stuff.

Sorry gents.. I'm a friggin' nerd..

Nice find Todd..
Duke you are correct on that. A booner actually has more to do with momma than the daddy. In research done on deer farms, the largest bucks are coming from father to daughter matings. Gross, I know, but still cool to see where the genes are. And, it makes sense to in the gene distribution to the new fawns, if daddy is a monster, his daughter has his genes, and then he puts more of his genes in her, thus making another monster.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Thats awesome! Great find and good luck hunting him in the upcoming years!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow Todd, those similarities are unreal!

Looks like you might have a twin to hang on your wallnext to the tree shredder here in a couple years!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Back 40 Tree Rat

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Holy cow Minnie when you called me I thought ok it's just Todd getting excited again ,but man that is almost a perfect match. That is intresting about the doebeing the main gene to the antlers I have never heard that one before... Walt
It's like baldness in men ( no offense) They say it comes from your mothers side of the gene pool.
I am living proof that is false, Todd that is cool

I do not have any pictures, but I had a 7 point with a busted G2 who is exact match to big 8 on my wall. I watch him all day on the 11th, game by me three times. I hope he made it
Old 02-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome find, it is really sweet to find good genetics passed down the line, I shot a buck 2 years ago which was a nice clean 2 1/2 year old scoring 122 and change, he was always running with a twin brother, I should have let him walk that year but i didn't however I took what I think was his twin this year and he taped out at 176 1/2, hold them up and frame wise they match it's just amazing what a couple years will put on but the genetics hold true.Best of luck nailing him next year!

Quick Reply: On the board in Iowa - Shredder Jr. - Unbelievable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.