Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > White Knuckle Productions
 Gray Wolf Woolens question >

Gray Wolf Woolens question

Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Gray Wolf Woolens question

Old 01-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gray Wolf Woolens question

Another note. If you are wearing any "scent elimination" type of clothing, you won't stay as warm as with a "airy" insulation. The scent-elimination materials lock moisure against you're skin (regardless of what they claim - I've worn it all). You will be the most warm with a synthic layer against you're skin that is designed to wick moisture (I spent big bucks on Patagonia stuff because it is simply the best stuff made - mountaineers have known this for years - and they depend on it for survival). Against the whicking layer - fleece is AWESOME. The fleece creates the air-pocket around you're body that is what insulates you and keeps you warm. The lined wolfskin over-top of that creates the barrier to the elements. Wind, rain, whatever.

I hunt every-day (except for when conditions are as crappy as they are right now - only because of the lack of deer movement), and won't sacrifice comfort for anything. I have to stay warm or I don't enjoy myself - and that gets old.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:47 AM

what kind of boots are you using? i never used anything other than my rubbers this year. i know what you are talking about, but i only had that feeling when it was 1 degree when we went out. i need a new pair of pack boots for late season.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:50 AM

i was just joking todd......i know you hunt hard.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Spike

I'm looking for a warm-season archery jacket...is the unlined Wolfskin jacket what I'm looking for? I want something that is dead silent. I know people have said Wolfskin is quiet, but how quiet? Is it comparable to brushed fleece? Also, are there any add-on features that you couldn't live without? How aboutadd-ons thatare unnecessary? Also, what is your favorite camo pattern...predator fall gray? I know that's a lot ofquestions, but it's hard when my budget is limited and I can't get a look at the stuff beforehand. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is as quiet as anything you can buy - period. I'm the same way - and I don't even think about it anymore. Add-on's are just that, if you want them - get them. I think double knees are a no-brainer. Just help protect the most vaunerable area. Other than that, cargo pockets and hand warmer pockets are the cats you know what.

I'd recommend getting the lined wolfskin. It is awesome!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Spike

Are the gray wolf guys going to be at the ne pa sportsman show??? And if so do they have some of their stuff on display? I want to get the custom insulated wolfskin bibs and possibly a jacket later, but before i spend some serious ching i'd like to put my hands on some.

Did i see that you could get two different kinds of lining, what is the difference?

Thanks....
Old 01-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure if they will be there or not. Shoot Jeff an email. He will send you some sample pieces of the material to check out - I know he has done that in the past.

You won't be disappointed.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Todd is right about this stuff and hes also 100% correct on the Patagonia under layers. Ive used Patagonia Polys for about 8 years now and love the stuff. It is one of the best brands out there for base layers. The blue mid weight works best for me.

Jay
Old 02-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Spike

Comformax lined or comformax lite loft? Preferences? experience?
Old 02-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Spike

if i did it over again i'd get both comformax and liteloft in my bibs and pullover.

Quick Reply: Gray Wolf Woolens question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.