Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

My IA trail cam results!

Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 PM

Default My IA trail cam results!

Here is a pic that shocked the heck out of me. I was looking through the LCD screen on my homebrew cam and I noticed something real wide in the distance. I zoomed in and was in pure amazement to see a big bull elk here in IA. Not sure if it's off a game farm or what but either way you don't see this everyday. Imagine seeing this coming through the IA woods!

Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM

Default RE: My IA trail cam results!

Here is pic# 2 w/ a big droptine buck on my father in laws. We'll see if I get to hunt him.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:57 PM

Here is another buck that just looks really old and on the downhill side to me. i have a couple of pics of him and I really think this deer is up there in the years.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:02 PM

Thats crazy! I would have to say that I would be drawing on him for sure.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:23 AM

ORIGINAL: rdallas

Thats crazy! I would have to say that I would be drawing on him for sure.
Its illegal to shoot elk in Iowa. A guy got busted here last year for that. Although I'll be the first to admit, I'd be real tempted...
Old 10-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Spike

Man that's unreal, i'd have to call the DNR on that one, in Illinois i'm pretty sure they'd want you to kill it if given the chance. My guess it's a farm raised one and they are always really concerned about the spread of diseases with the CWD and all that stuff. It might be worth a call, you can't beat elk for eating.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

That would certainly make for some interesting footage on the next WKP DVD!

Tyler - when you're uploading photos into a post there's a small checkbox that says "Embed Photo in Post" or something like that. If you check that box off it will show your photo in the post, instead of having to click on the link to view it.

I was out of town yesterday and have some catching up to do. I'll get back to you on that e-mail later today.

JZ
Old 10-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe you could shoot that Elk and not have to tag it? It has something to do with a non-game animal thing. I know that's how it worked in Michigan. Anyone know for-sure?

Old 10-16-2007, 11:42 AM

there was a recent news article that explained howduck hunters in wisconsin were allowed to shoot a gator because it was not native to the area. i think that may apply to this situation, but you never know.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Spike

I know with feral pigs in WI all you need is a small game license to harvest one andI believe landowners can kill them with out any license.Not sure about elk though? Now that we actually have a wild herdin WIIwould imagine if you dropped an elk you might be in a bit of trouble.Arch, we have gators in WI?

Quick Reply: My IA trail cam results!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.