HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   White Knuckle Productions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions-90/)
-   -   Poor Dallas Fort Worth (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/white-knuckle-productions/211588-poor-dallas-fort-worth.html)

WKP Todd 10-11-2007 08:08 PM

Poor Dallas Fort Worth

Dan Johnson aka "Dallas Fort Worth" has the worst case of poison ivy I've ever seen. I feel sorry for the guy - it's keeping him from basically doing anything.... We're hoping you recover soon man! That sucks!

WKP Todd 10-11-2007 08:09 PM

RE: Poor Dallas Fort Worth

And it's keeping him from chasing this buck - he got this picture on the new piece that I walked with him. A beautiful 3-1/2 year old that I think Dallas would LOVE to kill...

jmbuckhunter 10-11-2007 08:15 PM

AWWWWW, I almost feel sorry for him.:D:D:D

Never had the stuff. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.:)

Justin 10-11-2007 08:42 PM

Good lord!! What the heck were you boys out doing???

Hope you get better soon DFW, so you can get out and let that thwacking begin!

Greg / MO 10-11-2007 08:46 PM

Dude, I get it three or four times a year... used to get it so bad that it'd make the pic above look like a walk in the park!! Seriously..

Go get a Kennalog shot as soon as you can if you haven't yet... I do the day I start getting it now, or at the very worst the day after... It'll knock it out SO much quicker than just letting it run it's course.

The other good thing is if you get one early in the season (and I always do because I'll always get in some hanging some stands) is that it acts in a preemptive fashion the rest of the year and minimizes the results of new contact with the stuff.

JFergus7 10-11-2007 09:25 PM

Holy cow!That looks terrible. I can't imagine it worse Greg.

DBerrard 10-11-2007 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Dude, I get it three or four times a year... used to get it so bad that it'd make the pic above look like a walk in the park!! Seriously..

Go get a Kennalog shot as soon as you can if you haven't yet... I do the day I start getting it now, or at the very worst the day after... It'll knock it out SO much quicker than just letting it run it's course.

The other good thing is if you get one early in the season (and I always do because I'll always get in some hanging some stands) is that it acts in a preemptive fashion the rest of the year and minimizes the results of new contact with the stuff.
Same here man, now I make sure to wash any exposed skin with warm water & soap as soon as I get in from the brush. I almost want to think this is the case for the poor fella in the picture...he didn't wash the ivy oil off quick enough. =\
Good advice on the shot though. He should get into urgent-care and get one...that or the 21 steroid prescription they give ya. First dose is seven pills if I recall correctly...you feel the ivy dry up within hours which is a great relief.
Best of wishes to Dallas FW.

stikbow26 10-12-2007 04:27 AM

DFW, I thought you were only filming Mr.Droptine up there in Illinois?? Looks like some rolling around in the brush to me!!!!:D No serious man hang in there it will get better, and if it makes you feel anybetter I will come out and hunt that deer for ya till you are feeling up to it!! Walt

Greg / MO 10-12-2007 04:46 AM

Just some more thoughts on it... Most experts believe that after 30 minutes, the oil (urushiol) from poison ivy and oak can't be washed off; it's too late, and has "sunk" in by that time. So usually, it's too late by the time I get home from a hunt...

Washing with hot water also opens the pores, and can allow the oil deeper into your system... (I've had it internally as well. I've heard horror stories about people who've breathed it and contracted it inside their lungs).

Bow Ninja 10-12-2007 06:38 AM

Hey Dallas, I feel your pain. I get P.I. just by looking at it. I have found a product called Tecnu, you should find it at Wal-Mart.When you get into P. Ivy or P. Oak get into a cool shower with in 2 hours (the sooner the better) and wash with this stuff. I am ultra sensitive to PI and PO, I know I was into it serveral times this year trimming stands, but I used this product and I am convinced it worked. I will always keep it close by. Jesse