WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax >

WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax

Old 05-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax

Yelm was probably using the old math. This new Olympia math comes up with whatever figures suit their needs. It's the same $#!+, different day. They don't think we are smart enough to do their math, or remember anything.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:53 PM

Ya, you're right...they hate it when some of us listen to what they say and think on our own instead of the " Go with the herd" mentality.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:37 PM

I'm all for toll booths.
Why is it that some people just don't realize that a toll booth is nothing more than another unlawful tax. We already pay for roads via our vehicle tax and general sales tax. Tool booths are unlawful just as lane limitations such as HOV lanes. A perfectly good lane paid for with public funds should not be allowed to be limited by any means. The real BURN is that we voted down a gas tax only to have the legislature impose one anyway and turn around and increase it again.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:42 PM

I just feel bad for the folks from eastern wa who have to pay for the alaska way viaduct tunnel so that property values in downtown seattle can go up. I was kind of waiting for the whole Fing thing to come crashing down in the next earthquake so everyone could sue the state and bankrupt it so we could just start over.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:11 PM

I was in WA the other day and waited until I got back to Idaho to buy gas. I won't be buying gas there anymore.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new BS hits us on July1!
ORIGINAL: rick_reno

I was in WA the other day and waited until I got back to Idaho to buy gas. I won't be buying gas there anymore.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think THIS was the point of the thread.......Right????
ORIGINAL: WANWTF

If you are from WA, I'm sure you know that Olympia decided that having the 7th highest gas tax in the nation just wasn't good enough and decided to go for number 1 by passing a 9.5 cent per gallon gas tax - something we voted down in when we voted overwhelmingly NO on R51 in 2002, but they still jammed down a 5 cent per gallon tax increase in 2003 - w/out a vote of the people. Now they want another 9.5? That is 14.5 in two years! if you are sick of Olympia craming tax hikes that won't even pay to complete a single project KVI has decided to get a petition together to repeal the gas tax - they need seed money and volunteers to get the initiative on the ballot - Anything you can do - they need to raise $25,000 by Friday to get the ball rolling - if everyone who listens to KVI sent in $5.00 they would have enough to run the entire campaign... You can go to NO NEW GAS TAX

This is something John Carlson and Kirby Wilber are putting together - you can verify this at KVI's Website

Cut and paste this post and email it to anyone you know who lives in Washington State.

send a check to:
No new gas tax
218 main street #412
Kirkland 98033
Old 05-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone see where our lawmakers and governor get a pay raise this year??
Old 05-24-2005, 02:08 PM

Saw that on the news this morning. She's trying to do all she can just incase she gets the boot. I've never seen bills get through the houses so fast and on the Gov.'s desk for signing as I have this yr.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:17 PM

Saw part of the trial this morn the dems are getting there ass handed to them he he he ....

Quick Reply: WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.