Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax >

WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax

Old 05-04-2005, 06:39 AM

Default WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax

If you are from WA, I'm sure you know that Olympia decided that having the 7th highest gas tax in the nation just wasn't good enough and decided to go for number 1 by passing a 9.5 cent per gallon gas tax - something we voted down in when we voted overwhelmingly NO on R51 in 2002, but they still jammed down a 5 cent per gallon tax increase in 2003 - w/out a vote of the people. Now they want another 9.5? That is 14.5 in two years! if you are sick of Olympia craming tax hikes that won't even pay to complete a single project KVI has decided to get a petition together to repeal the gas tax - they need seed money and volunteers to get the initiative on the ballot - Anything you can do - they need to raise $25,000 by Friday to get the ball rolling - if everyone who listens to KVI sent in $5.00 they would have enough to run the entire campaign... You can go to NO NEW GAS TAX

This is something John Carlson and Kirby Wilber are putting together - you can verify this at KVI's Website

Cut and paste this post and email it to anyone you know who lives in Washington State.

send a check to:
No new gas tax
218 main street #412
Kirkland 98033
Old 05-05-2005, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax

They need to put up toll booths up on the westside from marysville to olypmia then they will be able to pay for there road projects. If someone wants to live on a damn island in the ocean why should I have to pay more for gas so he can still ride his damn ferry. If they want to live out there make those people pay out the butt for living out there. Man that eats me up. I will gladly pay a toll for the one time a year or even that if I have to cross that damn floating bridge to or pay a toll for the 10 or less times I travel to the west side for meetings. When I was in florida a few weeks ago it was about 15 miles from airport to hotel. In that span we hit 3 toll booths. They could pay for alot of roads.

My rant is over now.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

The other thing they could do would be to pass a legitimate Performance Audits bill that would expose and eliminate the waste that is running rampant in dang near every office over here. If you cut the waste, there will be more of our money left to do the things that we are already taxed out the butt to cover now. This is like having open heart surgery and closing the chest up with a bandaid. It just won't get it done. The next thing you can count on is a state income tax. Go ahead and grab the KY cause it's coming unless we get Temporary Gov. Gregoire out of there.[:@]
Old 05-06-2005, 12:19 PM

Look at what the queen has signed already most of it benifits, or I should say is the reward to the counties that changed the election in her favor. It's pay back time and we're going to pay for it.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:13 PM

COMMIES.....every last one of those hippies should be fired.[:@][:'(]
Old 05-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

And here come those California (What A model to follow)emission standards, along with all the other damage. Chelan county....GIT 'er OUT of there!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 06:20 PM

We just need to pick two new canadates and vote again. We also need to clean out the fishey- game dept. If it were up to me I would I would lower taxes, get rid of to illegal aliens, that would get rid of a lot of wasted tax money!
Old 05-07-2005, 08:27 PM

And I use to think Taxachusetts I mean Massachusetts taxed us to death when i lived there, This state is out of control and makes Ma look tame
Old 05-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Spike

I'm all for toll booths. If it was good enough for the second Tacoma Narrows bridge, it should be good enough for the other projects that our Democratic Bozo's want to proceed with!

Tell you what, it really burns me what our state's legislator (or should I say King County's legislator that resides in Olympia) plans on doing with the tax raise. They want to repair the 520 bridge, replace the Alaska Way Viaduct, and improve I-405. All of these are in Seattle/King County. True, they threw a bone to Pierce county by funding a couple of meaningless projects, but if I lived in Eastern Washington, I'd be furious! They too have to pay the gas tax and what do they get out of it? They aren't going to use any of these projects. I'll hardly drive on the 520, 405 or Alaska Way. For as little as I do, I'd rather pay a toll than continuously fund the projects every time I fill up my tank!

Like I said, they forced toll booths on the new Narrows bridge. They should do the same for King County!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Johnsonmi

I'm all for toll booths. If it was good enough for the second Tacoma Narrows bridge, it should be good enough for the other projects that our Democratic Bozo's want to proceed with!

Tell you what, it really burns me what our state's legislator (or should I say King County's legislator that resides in Olympia) plans on doing with the tax raise. They want to repair the 520 bridge, replace the Alaska Way Viaduct, and improve I-405. All of these are in Seattle/King County. True, they threw a bone to Pierce county by funding a couple of meaningless projects, but if I lived in Eastern Washington, I'd be furious! They too have to pay the gas tax and what do they get out of it? They aren't going to use any of these projects. I'll hardly drive on the 520, 405 or Alaska Way. For as little as I do, I'd rather pay a toll than continuously fund the projects every time I fill up my tank!

Like I said, they forced toll booths on the new Narrows bridge. They should do the same for King County!
What really cracks me up about this, is ya they say it'll fix all this yet it will only bring 8 billion. Well they told us last year the Alaska viaduct would cost about 11 billion to fix....either my Yelm math ain't good or they're lying through their pie hole again?

Quick Reply: WA 9.5 Cent per Gallon Gas tax

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.