Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 New WA Turkey Hunter Needs Help! >

New WA Turkey Hunter Needs Help!

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

New WA Turkey Hunter Needs Help!

Old 04-01-2005, 12:37 AM

Default New WA Turkey Hunter Needs Help!

Hello everyone,

well i have recieved some great advice and some spots to try for the mighty gobblers but being new to turkey hunting and the general area around colville and spokane its a bit hairy trying to find some decent places to hunt and learn the ropes my first time out turkey hunting in this fine state i now call home so if anyone can give me a few pointers or help me out i would be so greatful..

I feel a bit ashamed at asking this at the ripe old age of 43 but i feel i need to meet people and network around to find friends and hunters who can show me the right way to hunt turkey and get to know the areas i need to hunt..

Thank You All..

-=CK=-
Old 04-01-2005, 02:29 AM

Default RE: New WA Turkey Hunter Needs Help!

CamoKing,

If you're crazy enough to go chasin birds all over the country side then I guess I'm crazy enough to give ya some advice.

Clark's All-Sports is having a turkey hunting seminar during next week put on by Primos. I'll call over there & find out when the seminar is & let you know. It's a good idea to attend one & hear what all they have to say. READ all you can on the turkey boards here & get creative on your searches for turkey hunting knowledge on the web.................read read read. Get a call or two & practice practice practice(you dont have to be a calling champion to kill turkeys). Ask questions at the seminar. Ask around to see if your NWTF banquet has been held already in your area(great place to network) if not go to it. Here is the worlds biggest secret as far as turkey hunting goes(note to self best seller book idea right here) : The only thing that is different than a great turkey hunter & a beginer is........................a great turkey hunter has gone out there in the field/woods & learned from their mistakes. They learned what works & they work it hard, they dont give up, they get it done.

We all make mistakes in the woods hunting but we learn from them, adapt our methods & hone our skills into better turkey hunters.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang Mayo....Ya almost sound like my preacher.......One thing I would really stress for your first year of hunting turkey is....Don't go by yourself.....find someone experienced with ya. To many thing's a new hunter...all by them selve's can do especially on puplic land, that'll make the bird 's hunter wise for the season....or totaly screw up other hunter's hunt's..
Old 04-01-2005, 09:09 AM

Bldhound,

If you're crazy enough to go chasin birds all over the country side then I guess I'm crazy enough to give ya some advice.
Crazy? far from it... i know a few hunters from spokane that drive to the canadian border to hunt birds so why would i be so crazy to drive an hour from my house to hunt??? It's not any different then driving to pot holes or seattle to fish in salt water..

I have been practicing my turkey calls with mouth pieces, slate calls & box calls for 4 weeks now lol.. I never buy any other calls but PRIMOS..

I also watched a few turkey hunting dvd's from berry calls who hunts eastern wa and lives in wa state.

Im not green when it comes to hunting ive hunted rabbits, fox coon etc but never turkey and i hope my asking these questions didn't give you all the idea im not all there lol..

I just wanted to hook up and meet other hunters and gain some insight on the sport and meet people my age in the community.. general store on div st is having a turkey seminar today and i will be there..

thanks for your help and wayne im not sure why your not recieving my messages but i gave up i sent you 4 or 5 already and i never recieved any replies

thank you so much Bldhound & Wayne1

-=CK=-
Old 04-01-2005, 11:36 AM

I was joking about the crazy part.

I never buy any other calls but PRIMOS..

Having to convert the world one person at a time(joking again)

Dang Mayo....Ya almost sound like my preacher...
I told you the other day you done went & did it...............getting my blood pressure way to high before season starts
Old 04-01-2005, 01:15 PM

I always tell people [ please don't worry god isn't thru with me yet ]
Old 04-01-2005, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yo Camo....I recieved 1 pm from you and I sent you a long reply....did you ever get it..?? But I've only recieved your one..[&:]
Old 04-01-2005, 03:27 PM

I only recieved the 1 reply with your phone number but i don't have long distance to call you and i would have liked to talk with you..

I just sent you an e mail Wayne..
Old 04-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If ya want...pm me your ph#....I( have free long distance
Old 04-01-2005, 04:08 PM

sent Wayne

Quick Reply: New WA Turkey Hunter Needs Help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.