HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   Toms are starting to Gobble ! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/93560-toms-starting-gobble.html)

Doc E 03-10-2005 09:32 PM

Toms are starting to Gobble !

The last two mornings, there have been Toms gobbling across the field from our house. Seems about 2 to 3 weeks earlier than normal... Might just be a dandy good Spring Turkey season.

slee 03-10-2005 09:52 PM

RE: Toms are starting to Gobble !

Doc,
You gotta stop 'em. I don't want them to be gobbled out by the time I get over there for opening weekend.:D

Doc E 03-10-2005 09:57 PM

slee,

You gonna hunt with or around Wayne? ----------- If so, TOO BAD ---- he's gonna be too busy with his new pup :D

WAYNE1 03-10-2005 10:01 PM

LOL...Doc....Trust me....I'll find time for bird's...:D

slee 03-10-2005 11:39 PM

Now Doc, have you ever known Wayne to miss a turkey hunt? He'll be around, for moral support if nothing else. Besides, he's our main most field tester, and we've got some new stuff to throw at those birds this year. Combine our new calls and a little Southernese striker action, and there won't be a tom within earshot that'll be safe.;)

Doc E 03-11-2005 07:50 AM

Here's a pic that I just took out of our front window (6:45 AM). None of these birds will be "shootable", 'cause they are just a flock of Hens and Juveniles, but the birds are thick.

KitsapCaller 03-11-2005 11:19 PM

Man, with the unseasonablly warm weather we've been having in Washington State, I've been concerned about the season coming before it even starts!

DocE and Wayne...are the Toms gobbling hard?

Doc E 03-11-2005 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: KitsapCaller

Man, with the unseasonablly warm weather we've been having in Washington State, I've been concerned about the season coming before it even starts!

DocE and Wayne...are the Toms gobbling hard?
They are just beginning to gobble -- nuthin hard yet.

slee 03-12-2005 01:18 AM

Bldhound and I are coming that way Friday morning to meet with Tim at Clark's All-sport about getting calls in the store. Maybe we will get to hear some turkey talk before we go. I'd love to hear one or two sound off just to get my juices flowing. I just hope they don't heat up early and play out before season comes. Nothing like hunting hush-mouthed toms after the peak of breeding. Tough doesn't begin to describe it.

WAYNE1 03-12-2005 08:46 AM

Ain't seen a bird on my place....Guess I'll have to get NWTF to plant some....or....buy the land next to Doc..[8D]