HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   ARIZONA JAVELINA (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/88763-arizona-javelina.html)

AZCOEN 01-31-2005 08:35 PM

ARIZONA JAVELINA

JUST A QUICK QUESTION FOR ANY AZ HUNTERS. I'VE GOT A JAVELINA HUNT IN A FEW WEEKS IN UNIT 31 (SAFFORD). I DID SOME SCOUTING THIS WEEKEND ON THE NORTH SIDE IN TRIPP CANYON AND A LITTLE IN TAYLOR CANYON. SAW SOME SIGN BUT NOTHING SIGNIFICANT. HAS ANYBODY HUNTED THIS UNIT FOR JAVELINAS THAT COULD PROVIDE SOME INSIGHT FOR THE UNIT? ANY INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.THANKS FELLAS.

DUCKSTAMPEDE 02-10-2005 04:50 PM

RE: ARIZONA JAVELINA

Never hunted that area but the best thing to do is follow the trails-as they are great creatures of habit-early morning they move out to feed and then in the evening they come back to their root to sleep. They change root places about every two days but generally have 5-7 roots in their area. Very much a territory animal so once you see signs-stay close by and you will find what you are looking for. I hunt in the Prescott area and have great success

Eric Smith 02-19-2005 05:03 PM

RE: ARIZONA JAVELINA

I am new to Arizona. I have moved from California to Kingman Arizona and am wondering where to start looking for Javelina. I want to start scouting areas for the next season and get some pictures as I am a photographer.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

MattAZ12908bow243 11-11-2015 11:03 AM

Eric, go to the Arizona white mountains they got nice scenery

muzzlestuffer 12-11-2015 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by AZCOEN (Post 901237)
JUST A QUICK QUESTION FOR ANY AZ HUNTERS. I'VE GOT A JAVELINA HUNT IN A FEW WEEKS IN UNIT 31 (SAFFORD). I DID SOME SCOUTING THIS WEEKEND ON THE NORTH SIDE IN TRIPP CANYON AND A LITTLE IN TAYLOR CANYON. SAW SOME SIGN BUT NOTHING SIGNIFICANT. HAS ANYBODY HUNTED THIS UNIT FOR JAVELINAS THAT COULD PROVIDE SOME INSIGHT FOR THE UNIT? ANY INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.THANKS FELLAS.

Call game and fish ask for the biologist for that unit and ask him for some info.on the area I'm sure they would be happy to help out with some good areas in your unit ! Good luck I got a ham hunt in 22

SILVERTIP-CO 01-04-2016 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by AZCOEN (Post 901237)

A few yrs back when I worked for AZERr for a short time I used to see them on eastern end of the San Carlos Reservation around Geronimo road crossing. You might check around there to see if theres public land you could hunt. Maybe at Pima too. Also check in with the reservation DNR office and see if they can help., you might even email them. I'd think anywhere between Ft Bowie and Safford would be good. Its great country. Enjoy. And good luck.