Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Wyoming Antelope >

Wyoming Antelope

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Wyoming Antelope

Old 01-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wyoming Antelope

I'm looking to plan a trip to SE Wyoming for an antelope trip. I've never hunted Wyoming, but from the sounds of it, there are plenty of antelope there. I've been hunting the WIHA and Public lands. Does anybody have any recommendations about this area of the state? Are there a good amount of antelope on the WIHA and public lands? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:22 PM

Default RE: Wyoming Antelope

Some of the walk in areas are pretty good and not hunted to hard. Anything near Cheyenne, Gillette, Laramie, and Casper is hunted pretty hard. But all antelope tags are limited and you will only have X amount of hunters in the field. Pressure goes down significantly after the opening weekend. But the antelope get pretty skittish and you have to stalk harder. If you have never hunted them , be picky, there is always another over the hill. Look for a buck that prongs above his ears, nice curl, ivory tips, and some mass. That part of the state is not known for trophy antelope but there are more numbers. Get good BLM maps, check with chamber of commerce, for land owners that charge small tresspass fees or allow free access. Be sure to leave them the land owner coupon. Your chance of drawing is better in that part of the state, becuase of private land and larger numbers of antelope. Good luck and have a good hunt.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to plan a 3-4 day trip. And once I get the unit chose here pretty soon, I'm going to send in for one.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:34 PM

Look a little west of Laramie-I hunted several years there-had a blast and harvested several nice animals.