Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Smacked one Yesterday (pics posted) >

Smacked one Yesterday (pics posted)

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Smacked one Yesterday (pics posted)

Old 10-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Smacked one Yesterday (pics posted)

OUfan, I had good luck hunting, i killed one wednesday as you can tell by this post. Is that rendevous rd run through rendevous mountain. I was gonna go up there with a guy from on here but we missed each other. Ill be hunting clemans next weekend for spikes. I need to kill a spike then ill have a slam, turkey, bear, buck and hopefully elk. How many of those 23 bucks were legal, was there lots of guys up there.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:37 PM

Hey kirkl, congrats on the buck....My computer went down and just got it back up the other day, sorry about not being able to give any updates before the seaon. Went out today with the daughter and she missed a nice 4x4 whitetail, my fault I can just kick myself for moving from where we had been sitting. When we saw it it was stand not 40yrds from where we had just been. He was chasing some does and would not stand in one spot very long and I set her up in a bad place for to hurried of a shot.
Looks like we're going to be getting some snow just up from my place tonight.
Again congrats on your buck.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks pac, tell your daughter good luck, get that snow in there and you guys will probably get some good hunting this week.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Nice storie and buck thanks for sharing.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:43 PM

Kirk,
Yes, there were a lot fewer hunters the last week and the deer were moving quite a bit. Here is my story on my deer I took last week.
Here is the muley I was able to get over in the Twisp / Winthrop area on Wednesday. I hunted hard for 5 days from dawn until dusk and was getting a little discouraged. I was away from the roads and the people 1-3 miles everyday but was only seeing does and small bucks. I was leaving from my morning hunt to try out a new area when I saw a forest service road I have never been up before. I only drove up about two miles when I looked over in the timber and saw this buck feeding with some does. I pulled over, got out of my truck, got my rifle and stepped off the dirt road and he stood there the whole time. The only shot I had was through a small hole in the trees where I could see where his front shoulder met his neck. It was only a 40 yard shot so I took it. He just flopped right over on his side. Needless to say, this was the easiest buck I have ever gotten and by far the easiest pack. I was able to back my truck right up the bank and drag him in.
He is a 20" wide x 20" tall 4x4 plus eyeguards. He also has one extra point coming off of one of the bases, see picture. He has pretty decent mass, the bases are about 5".

http://www.hunt101.com/img/218089.jpg
http://www.hunt101.com/img/218094.jpg
Old 11-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck thanks fir sharing the hunt with us!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:36 PM

kirkl.. 9 were legal bucks. one really nice 4x5 but i could not sneak up close enough to him. i was hunting between the lake at the handicapped parking spot. and higway 20. my cousins own from the chewuch rd to just passed the lake. so i was on private property most of the time. deffinately alot of hunters. i cannot wait till the cleman elk hunt i got drawn for. dec 9-31
Old 11-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a great looking animal. Congrats