Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Hello to all! >

Hello to all!

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Hello to all!

Old 09-14-2004, 08:43 PM

Default Hello to all!

HI, I haven't been on here for a long time. But things seem to be a little calmer right now. I haved moved from Graham, Wa. to Okanogan, Wa.
Wayne1, how about getting together for a cup of coffee now that we are almost neighbors? I've been seeing lots of wildlife since I've been here.
Anyone have any suggestions on the best deer and varment rifle to use in this area? I'm hoping to be able to meet you all!
Old 09-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hello to all!

Hey CharlieO ...."Welcome Back"......Woundered what the heck happened to ya...Cup of coffee sound's great. Hopefully we can both get some free time at the same time..
Old 09-15-2004, 08:21 PM

Yes, I'm hoping to get together. All you other hunters and fishermen, if you are over this way, give me a call. Would like to know others on site here.
Hi slee.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:28 PM

What is your opinion on a good rifle that would be good for deer and varment. Like, example a 243 or what?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:21 AM
Typical Buck

Hey CharlieO. Long time no read. If you are wanting a rifle for whitetails, I'd go with a .243 and be quite satisfied. Especially for this state. If you are going for mulies, you will probably want something in the .270 range. Obviously the .243 will give you more bullet options at the lower weight loads, but the .270 will offer the bigger loads for deer. I don't gun hunt for deer anymore, so I'll be interested to see what the opinions are.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:44 AM

hey Slee thanks i have a 270 have got deer and elk with it but i love my 270 wby.mag. and i have been thinking about the 243
Old 09-16-2004, 05:18 PM

.270 Wby Mag is a fine choice. I run a 7mm Rem Mag for all....well this year I'm running a .50 T/C for Elk. .243 is a good choice too lots of deer have become table fare with that caliber too.

I see you moved from Graham to the Ok. Man wish I could find a way to get the heck outta here. Hope everything goes good for you on the other side
Old 09-16-2004, 08:40 PM

Hi Trapper, good to hear from you. I don't miss the rat race anymore and especially Hwy 167. We've only been here a month, we just closed our eyes and made the move. Our son bought our house so we will be over there from time to time. If you're ever around Okanogan, give us a shout. Catch 'ya later.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:56 PM

Sounds good...thanks for the invite. Hopefully I can take you up on it in the near future. The Wife and I too are getting close to taking that plunge only holdback is all my Daughter's grandparents are within an hour right now...so at her age(3) She really needs to have that time with them...oh well glad that you got to get from the Rat race ol' Graham is really bad[:'(] I've been working in that area lately compounding the problem(new construction).
Old 09-18-2004, 07:35 PM

Well, our kids are off on their own. My son is still there in Graham, he has 3 boys, the oldest grandson is at Spanaway and the granddaughter is in New Mexico. Yes, we miss them lots 'cause they are so far away. We have to get back to Graham soon to get more of our stuff hauled over. We have to beat the snow. I am looking for a 18 to 20 foot flatbed trailer. If you hear of any with a good price, give me a shout please. Trailers are scarce around here. I'm going out grouse hunting in the morning up on Loup Loup. Catch 'ya later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.