Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Hello to all! >

Hello to all!

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Hello to all!

Old 09-19-2004, 09:35 AM

Default RE: Hello to all!

Welcome aboard Charlie. Seems we are neighbores. I moved over here about 21yrs ago to get away from the rat race of the N king county area. That trailer that you are looking for would one with a goose neck work, theres one for sale over here. When you were up on the Loop did you see any deer, thats a good area up and around there.
Old 09-19-2004, 06:18 PM

Hi PacNWhunter. Glad to make your acquaintance. Yes, we saw a couple deer. I've heard the Twisp area is a an excellent area to hunt. I don't know anything about a goose neck trailer. All I've had is just the regular tongue kind and I don't want a 5th wheel. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. Maybe we can get together for coffee and a BS session sometimes, since we are so close. Catch 'ya leter.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:27 AM

Charlie sounds good, always have time for a cup of coffee. Been seeing lots of deer over here all summer. I'll keep an eye open for the type of trailer you are looking for. You might try catching the local radio station over there. They have a segment that people call or write in to sell things. Might hear about a trailer on there.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:59 PM

PacNWhunter i hope we will get together soon and thanks for the help
Old 10-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Typical Buck

Hi all,
I'm new here too. Was an avid hunter years ago in Hawai'i then moved here and got away from it for awhile. Last few years done some upland bird and ducks. Haven't really done much deer and never elk due to the not really knowing where to go.

Medical reasons are preventing me from doing any hunting this year. Well, I thought I put this little recipe out. It also great for barbeque. I've used it for beef also. It actually taste better than store bought jerky.

Taken from Petersen’s Hunting October 1979
Seven Step Jerky.

1.Basic ingredients are: garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, soy sauce, Worchestershire sauce, seasoned salt, Accent. Also knife and pan or bowl.

2.Slice three pounds of venison into strips about 3/8 inch thick to ensure total saturation of the meat while it’s marinating.

3.In container, combine ½ cup soy sauce, ½ cup Worchestershire, 2 tsp. Accent, 2 tsp seasoned salt, 2/3 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion powder and 2/3 tsp black pepper.

4.Stir this mixture well with a spoon to dissolve all of the soluble ingredients. Now the marinade is ready to be used.

5.Place the strips of meat in the marinade, be sure they’re completely submerged. Marinate overnight, turning if necessary.

6.Lay marinated meat strips on oven rack. Cook for 6 to 8 hours at 150 degrees. They get crisper the longer they bake.

7.Store finished jerky in zip-lock bags or other airtight containers to seal in freshness. Jerky will keep up to two years.

p.s. anyone know of engraving or gunsmithing classes held in WA? Something to do while I cry about missing this year.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry forgot to credit Chuck Adams for the recipe.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:52 AM

On the riffle issue. I have owned a .243 and my bro a .270 both good guns and we were happy. The last couple of years I have been hunting with a 25-06 its one of the flatter guns on the market and I've never hit a deer that hasn't went down with it, it also offers some pretty light loads that would be good for varment. Maybe also consider the .240 weatherby.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:53 PM

Hello to all!
Hello!