HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   weyerhauser lands closed (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/67501-weyerhauser-lands-closed.html)

tomr1962 07-29-2004 11:26 AM

weyerhauser lands closed

How many of you Bowhunt on Weyco land, hate it when they close down the woods. Always nervous awaiting it to re-open

NwOutdoorShop 07-29-2004 11:47 PM

RE: weyerhauser lands closed

I herd on the radio......CLOSED TILL OCT.

Also Crown Pacific Closed all there land today

slee 07-30-2004 12:21 AM

Isn't it amazing how the fire danger miraculously lifts(regardless of rainfall) and gates open when the firearms guys come around.[:@]

NwOutdoorShop 07-30-2004 12:32 AM

yep...thats why i dont hunt st helens anymore

tomr1962 08-01-2004 11:25 PM

It is bull, I know one supervisor for Weyco was heard that the bowhunters don't need out in the woods to stick arrows in all the elk!

BrushChimp 08-02-2004 10:11 AM

That is a good reason though. A lot of bow hunters around where I live stick arrows in elk and leave them lay because they are too lazy to track them down and the hunters don't realize that unlike shooting elk with a gun, when you shoot one with a bow they seem to run a bit further. We have found many dead bull elk in gun season that have arrows stuck in them. Weyco is private property so I think they should manage it however they like. If the gates are still closed come firearm season many people will hunt in Weyco land anyways. They have keys. I still hope it rains soon though. It's much to dry.

WAYNE1 08-02-2004 05:46 PM

because they are too lazy
...Dang....sure hate to see you bad mouth just bow hunter's....If ya think them Lazy gun hunter's, that ride in back of their buddy's pick-up....drinkin beer...and shoot anything that move's....[and trust me...I've found plenty of carass's with bullet hole's in em....and not that far from the road] are better than us bow hunter's....then ya need to pop that bubble your living in...[:@][:@]

Bldhound 08-02-2004 09:57 PM

I'll agree with Wayne1 on this all day long.

trapper T 08-03-2004 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: WAYNE1

because they are too lazy
...Dang....sure hate to see you bad mouth just bow hunter's....If ya think them Lazy gun hunter's, that ride in back of their buddy's pick-up....drinkin beer...and shoot anything that move's....[and trust me...I've found plenty of carass's with bullet hole's in em....and not that far from the road] are better than us bow hunter's....then ya need to pop that bubble your living in...[:@][:@]
Hey I'm with ya and as a rifle hunter too....GOll I hate just plain lazy hunters in general...bad for the animals and the sport...and not too mention they're the ones that ruin it for all of us. If not for them Weyco. would not have started shutting their gates in the first place.

Remember Guys as hunters regardless of weapon we all need to fight together and not this infighting we can get into the Antis love it when we slit our own throats.

WAYNE1 08-03-2004 08:45 PM

"Amen" Trapper...:)