Need a new hunting partner >

Need a new hunting partner

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Need a new hunting partner

Old 02-21-2002, 10:51 PM

Default Need a new hunting partner

Greets,
Anyone in my area, (McMinnville Oregon) available this year? My partner for the last 6 years informed me recently that he is seriously considering leaving the area, possible even the state. He has been on this Idea for a long time and now Ithink he's serious ( he's selling all his stuff to make moving easier ) so I am afraid I need another hunting partner.
I would prefer to get together a few times during the year, perhaps meet over coffe first, and make a few shooting outings and small game outings if your up for it. I believe it would benifit both myself and any potential new partner to get to know each other a bit, and shoot together a few times first just so we can get the feel for each other before hand.

Just my uneducated opinion!
Terry

Edited by - Adui13 on 04/08/2002 00:26:14
Old 02-22-2002, 12:52 AM

Default RE: Need a new hunting partner

Adui13, Are you on the East or west side of the Cascades. I know of a real nice guy out of Cottage Grove, Or. who would might be willing to help a fellow hunter out and learn new areas as well. What kinds of game do you persue during the season? He is into Upland birds wuith his Lab and Springer Spaniel, including going after Mountain Quail and also shoots Geese, Ducks, and get his Deer and Elk every year. A very successful knowledgable fellow indeed. He visits this board afew times a month and goes by the name of "Biglead". Good luck in your quest for the next partner as they are really hard to find.
B.T.W. I'm your nieghbor to the north and live up in Washington St. Happy hunting,,,for a partner!!!

Edited by - Lady Grouse Hunter on 02/22/2002 01:56:03
Old 02-24-2002, 12:30 AM

Greets,
I am not sure where cottage grove is, and that troubles me cause I should know.. But as for me I am west of the cascades, about 40 miles or so south of portland on 99w, and about 20 miles NW of Salem.
If he is willing to breeak in a new partner so am I, as for species, I buy the sport pac so I can hunt anything in season, and I have always wanted to hook up with someone who had dogs for upland gamebirds. the few times we have gone out for Quail have been dismal, got one once, but usually dont see any we can get.... missed out on a grouse we heard while scouting, and couldnt hit the dove I tried for last year.. then birds is FAST!
Anyhow, if your freind is nearby, and willing, I'd like to meet him. Biglead if you read this, my e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks again Lady Grouse Hunter,
And greets from your neighbor to the south! I used to live in Puyallup, back in 1993.

Terry
Old 02-27-2002, 10:13 PM

I shot you an email Audi13. Some pics are on the way too.
Big Lead
Old 02-28-2002, 01:48 AM

Greets,
Got your e-mails Big Lead, and answered em. thanks again all!

Terry
Old 03-05-2002, 08:40 PM

Well fiddle faddle,
No one near McMinnville Or??
Biglead, If there's any way I can make it I plan to take you up on your offer this Sept.! I have your e-mail and will be in touch when the time comes, Thanks again!

Terry
Old 03-24-2002, 11:38 PM

Greets again, figured I would bump this as it is official, my former hunting partner of 6 years is leaving. He quit his job and is planning to head for Florida for a while... ( must be nice ) I am going to have to find someone else like minded to me for a hunting partner, I could hunt alone and will if needs be, but it is always nicer to have a buddy with.

Terry
Old 03-29-2002, 10:15 AM

I used to live in Montana, in great falls. Too bad i didn't check this out when i was there (been back in california for about 4 months) because i wanted to do all the hunting i could while out there (had a shotgun and a license ready to go but never did go hunting because of my money problem at the time) and i could have used someone to show me around. I wouldn't mind moving back there someday though. or at least somewhere in the NW (was thinking of NE or one of the Dakotas)
Old 03-30-2002, 12:17 AM

Greets again,
Uhhh... S.X. ... I am not in the Dakotas, Or Montana.. I am in McMinnville Oregon.

Terry
Old 04-07-2002, 11:29 PM

BUMP!
Actually, my troubles may be over, BUT anyone near me ( McMinnville Oregon ), is welcome to contact me, I always like to hunt with any responsible hunters.
As for my troubles being over, my soon to be former partner told me this weekend that a mutual aquaintence asked him about me. Seems he too is looking for a hunting partner, so I told my freind to give him my # so we can hook up.
wish me luck!!

Terry

Quick Reply: Need a new hunting partner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.