Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Washington - Urgent Alert! Help Repeal I-713 >

Washington - Urgent Alert! Help Repeal I-713

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Washington - Urgent Alert! Help Repeal I-713

Old 02-25-2002, 07:00 PM

Default RE: Washington - Urgent Alert! Help Repeal I-713

URGENT! URGENT! - LEGISLATIVE ACTION ALERT - URGENT! URGENT!

Washingtonians for Wildlife Conservation (WWC)
http://www.w4wc.org
2-25-02

Contact Speaker of the House Frank Chopp - email address, phone #'s and mailing address at bottom of email!!!!! Sample Letter included

Calling all outdoor people !

If you have never made a call or sent an email for the good of the cause -then shame on you - but now is your chance to make it up!

Speaker of the House, Frank Chopp has reported that he will not release the repeal of Initiative 713 to the floor for a vote. SSB 5831 would repeal ALL of Initiative 713 and was approved by the Senate by an overwhelming majority last week.

You must contact the Speaker immediately and ask that he allow this to be voted on by the full house.

Sample Letter:

Subject - Please repeal I-713

Mr. Speaker,

The legislative hearing held on Friday, February 22nd in the House Natural Resources committee, clearly proved that the citizen's of Washington were lied to and misled during the campaign of Initiative 713.

The Humane Society of the United States clearly knew that the information put forth in their campaign and in the voter's pamphlet was not accurate. They were informed by both the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife and the Attorney General's office, well ahead of time, that mole and gopher trapping would be illegal.

The "will of the people" argument put forth by the proponents of I-713 is not valid. The "will" of the Washington voter was manipulated by the lies and deceit - including the very voter's pamphlet many consult to make a decision.

Failure to allow this bill to go to a full house vote is tantamount to sanctioning this deceit and encouraging further lies in the future. That is not acceptable. If you feel obligated to "fix" any part of I-713 you are morally and ethically obligated to fix it all - that, as a matter of fairness and equity to both the rural and urban voters of Washington. The only way to ensure fairness is to overturn the entire initiative.

Mr. Speaker, it is imperative that you give our representatives the opportunity to repeal Initiative 713. I implore you to allow this bill out of committee and released to the floor for a vote.

Sincerely,

Your Name
address
telephone
email

Speaker of the House Mr. Frank Chopp

email:
[email protected]

Olympia Office:
PO Box 40600
3rd Floor Legislative Bldg.
Olympia, WA 98504-0600
(360) 786-7920

District Office:
324 15th Ave. E., Suite 103
Seattle, WA 98112
(206) 720-3052

If you only make one phone call this week, make this one, and please make it NOW!

Old 02-25-2002, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

OTTO I JUST SENT OFF ANOTHER SET OF E-MAILS. IS THIS GUY A REP. OR DEM???
Old 02-25-2002, 09:28 PM

thanks Robb92 Chopp is a (D)

here is his info.....
http://www.leg.wa.gov/house/members/d43_2.htm
Old 02-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

FIGURED AS MUCH, I SENT HIM 2 E-MAILS AND I HAD THEM BOTH READ RECEIPTED, ONE FOR DELIVERY AND THE OTHER FOR WHEN HE READS IT, IT I DON'T GET A RECEIPT BACK FOR READING IT I WILL SEND MORE AND MORE TO HIM, I FIGURE I HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO SEND THEM TO HIM.
Old 02-25-2002, 10:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2002, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

YEAH I'M HOPING IT WORKS TO, I WAS JUST READING ESPN OUTDOOR WEB SITE AND OUR PROBLEM MADE THEIR NEWS STORIES.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:02 AM
Typical Buck

You know what really pisses me off about this whole thing is that Rep. Chopp is saying "relax" to the voters. He is predicting that we don't have enough support to repeal the initiative. How can they not see what kind of problems this initiative has caused, and how the people of this state were misinformed before they cast their votes. What a CROCK! I saw where we were about 6 votes off from having our 2/3. I still haven't heard from Tom Campbell, my other Rep. I'll keep shooting him e-mails and start phoning him until I know where he stands. It's time to bow up, and hold them accountable.

Maybe we could start billing the Legislature for lawn repairs, and lost timber and livestock if they fail to fix the problem.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

MAKES YOU WONDER IF THIS GUY ISN'T ON THEIR PAYROLL, THE ARTICLE ALSO SAID THAT 62% OF THE VOT TO PASS THE BAN CAME FROM KING COUNTY WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH A DEMI STRONG HOLD.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

mine is on the way.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

SO FAR HE HASN'T READ MY E-MAIL SO I'M GOING TO SEND OFF ANOTHER ROUND OF E-MAILS TO HIM, AND KEEP AT HIM UNTIL I GET A READ REPLY

Quick Reply: Washington - Urgent Alert! Help Repeal I-713

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.