Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 From Kitchen Window this Afternoon >

From Kitchen Window this Afternoon

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

From Kitchen Window this Afternoon

Old 04-11-2004, 06:18 PM

Default RE: From Kitchen Window this Afternoon

Man if taken a youngin out yesterday didn't push me over the edge with turkey huntin flu... those pix sure did[8D]

Nice view though
Old 04-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trapper....trust me....sitting here kust watching em is tougher....lol...like right now....there's 30+ hen's...and 7 tom's right below the house....and swear they've been there all day..[:@]...Sound's like ya'll had a great day yesterday anyway....Glad to hear she was soooo "Excited"..
Old 04-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

We saw a lot of Turkeys yesterday, but didnt get one, most were on private land and the landowners dont allow Turkey hunting, so we lucked out....Had some chances just tough for me to have slower people with me when I'm hunting...I have learned that if a tom starts moving away to get ahead of it as quickly as possible and set up and purr, but having slower hunter's with me we couldnt move fast enough to get ahead...Overall it was a good couple of days and I will be out thursday by myself
Old 04-11-2004, 11:41 PM

Wayne
Thats it ol' buddy boy I'll show you..................I think i'll not go to work on Wed! LMAO I need to get away from here, my neighbor is out there @ 10:20 in the evening with the car stereo blasting................some kind of racket, all I can here is BOOM boom boom BOOM. I started to ask them if they wanted me to play with my BOOM but I don't want to be in jail for turkey season. Knowing them they recorded me playing with my "night light" & that would seal my fate. LOL I did find my night vision that I'll bring over to play with also in my pack I found the safety harness for that stand. Laura got home safe & sound, she said that she was ready for a real turkey hunt. I gave her some mandatory reading "The truth" by Cuz Strickland to let her know that there wasn't exact rhyme or reason for doing things when turkey hunting. That it was just a learning expeirence & the decisions were based on the grounds of being in that spot before or making a WAG (Wild A$$ed Guess). I also told her when she asked "Was this the right thing to do?", that it only mattered at that point in time & given to do it 10 times over would give her 10 different results. I told her the most important thing is to learn what to do & when to do it b/c some of the worst calling I've ever heard has come from a live wild turkey. That when she made a mistake to not stop but to cover it with a good note.

Have you got any more of that salt(pics) to rub into the open wounds? LOL See you Wed afternoon/evening! If I don't work I can run by Mr Mc place & try to talk to him real quick. Tell Ms Diane that I did pass on to Ms Laura again that she liked her gift.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wayne ,Thats a nice view from your kitchen window . mine is not from the kitchen obviously .
Old 04-12-2004, 08:20 AM

I hear your pain..Wayne. I think that would probably drive me nuts a little more so.My neighbor has three domestics and right now he's a little upset with me cuz I can only stand so much gobblin' before I slip in a mouth call and let those turks have it. I get them so wound up almost everyday that just my dog's movement in my yard sends the two toms into a frenzy that won't stop til they go to roost. Then this weekend my uncle called from Rice and told us the big guy made it throug last year and was buggin' him bad. I might head over on the second weekend? We popped a shot at him last year but nothing. The bad part is is I have no camo that looks like trailerhouse siding LOL. Seems his strut zone is there walk up to the front porch?

Anyone have lawn chair camo? Maybe with a cooler attached for when I get parched?
Old 04-12-2004, 08:22 AM

Halcon, kind of tough not to test out a new "load" from time to time ...huh?LOL Or have you, I notice the rest is pretty well positioned in the window there
Old 04-12-2004, 12:03 PM

Halcon,

You've got the same problem Wayne does.......................your house can be used as a blind. A blind with the creature comforts as home, like Wayne says though it's just not hunting. I told Wayne more than once that I couldn't live over there, I would be locked up in a insane ward somewhere.........seeing & hearing turkeys all year long ways to hard on a turkey hunter. I would go nuts from sleep deprevation, I would be walking around talking like Bubba. There's turkey sandwiches, turkey gumbo, turkey soup, turkey baked, turkey salad, turkey, turkey, turkey.............................for days!!!
Old 04-12-2004, 12:13 PM

Nice pics - looks like the flock from the window has split up a little compared to the other pic you showed off your front porch a few days ago. I cant wait bout' 48 hours until I get to make the trip over. I'm sure somebody has mentioned this but was there a good hatch last spring and summer and howd the birds manage through the winter?
Old 04-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Any body know what time its getting light out now with the time change, I woke up at 4:45 this morning and it was still dark. This is in Yakima

Quick Reply: From Kitchen Window this Afternoon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.