Gobbling hard over here >

Gobbling hard over here

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Gobbling hard over here

Old 04-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Gobbling hard over here

I got woke up by my Dad this morning telling me to walk out on the porch and listen...sure enough I heard a gobbler going off...I got all excited and got dressed and went to my spot to scout...I know I broke the cardinal rule of turkey hunting..but the toms wouldnt gobble to my shock call...so I let out a long string of cutts and yelps and sure enough 2 gobblers sounded off out in the field..when I drove out there was a 9 inch beard right by me, he just went on his way like I wasn't there, there was one in the very back of the field and he just kept gobbling and was working his way to me(towards the call) even with a hen, I'm pretty stoked right now, I'm taking a kid out during the youth season to get one....Thats pretty funny I'm already taking kids out and I'm only 16, anyways I just though I would share my excitement with you guys!
Old 04-04-2004, 01:03 PM

Default RE: Gobbling hard over here

Sounds good I cant wait until the 15th. Ill be heading east. Ive been scouting on the west side and absolutley can't get the birds to sound off. Also, I have been talking to the farmers to get updates and theyre saying they havent heard any gobbles over here either doesnt look good.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

A little gobbling here in the Colville area, but not near as much as usual at this time of year. Probably won't be long though.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

They will gobble to just about anything over here...Last night went and worked 12 birds 5 of them were gobblers....it was fun....I wanted them to leave so I could leave...I was like hear turkey turkey turkey...and all of them gobbled and went into strut...I almost pissed myself laughing lol, Good luck all in the upcoming season
Old 04-06-2004, 01:43 PM

Are they starting to hen up? Over in Central part of the stat they're not henned up yet. But they come to anything where I'm at, probably could use a couple of pine limbs to call'em in right now
Old 04-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

haha, yea they are henned up....but still I called the whole flock in because the lead hen and I were having a little call off and she kept flapping her wings at me....there would of been some dead turkeys if it woulda been the 15th
Old 04-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry tiggeer....but cannot for the life of me understand why you want to educate the bird's before season[:@][:@][:@]
Old 04-07-2004, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

haha I'm not educating them...just toying with them....they dont know I am there...they just go on their habbits...I have done it everyyear and got a bird...I have also went out and scouted in a Orange fox racing shirt and black pants and walked within 25 yards of a big tom and he didnt even notice me........a bunch of things that they say not to do you can do and get away with it as long as you are careful...trust me I will get gobblers for everyone I call for, and one for myself!
Old 04-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

tiggeer ....you may think they don't notice....can't believe you think a turkey is a stupid barn yard animal....Just glad your not over in my neck of the wood's....I'm sorry....used to think you might be a good hunter....but now I think your being foolish....not trying to start a ruckis...I'd just think you'd be alittle more responseable....scary when ya say now your gonna take younger hunter's than yourself out hunting....just hope you don't pass on some of your bad pre scouting habit's[>:]...Good Luck in your hunt's...Hope ya do good...
Old 04-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Always have done good hunting, you doubt my hunting tactics so be it, I am a responsible hunter, I dont do foolish acts while im in the woods that will get ppl hurt. Did I mention that the only time I will call to a bird is during season when I am calling them in to shoot them. I will never call to a bird before the season, I am not foolish enough to think that they will not know I'm a human...It seems to me that a buddy of mine has got on my name and posted some posts...dont worry Wayne I'm not dumb like that, my friend must of been trying to have some fun and make me look bad...I will bring this up with him because It does make me look like an irresponsible hunter!!!!

Quick Reply: Gobbling hard over here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.