HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   West (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west-28/)
-   -   2022 Colorado Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/west/427599-2022-colorado-turkey-hunting.html)

RockyMtnGobblers 02-18-2022 08:59 AM

2022 Colorado Turkey Hunting

I have been away from HuntingNet for some time, really looking forward to this spring.
I had plans for a specific public land long beard Merriam but was lucky enough to also get my limited tag, I'm so excited!

Anyone else hunting Colorado Gobblers this spring?

flags 02-24-2022 03:57 PM

I am going to hunt an old family friend's place in Yuma County. He has a lot of birds and I am the only one he lets hunt there. His birds are all Rio Grandes. This is the last bird I took off his place:

22 lbs with a 10 inch beard

RockyMtnGobblers 02-26-2022 11:07 AM

Colorado Rio's

Nice flags, my avatar is also a Colorado Rio best color bird I've seen. Merriam's are my favorite to hunt, I'm going to do my best to film my hunts this year, I've tried before but the hunt has always come first. Anyone else film their hunts?

SportsmanNH 02-26-2022 11:30 AM

Welcome Back RMG ! Glad to see you posting again ! Good luck on your hunts this spring !

RockyMtnGobblers 02-26-2022 03:40 PM

Thank you very much Sportsman!:rock:
Good to be back here.

Bocajnala 03-01-2022 12:34 AM

welcome back. let us know how your hunts go this spring. Hoping to see some pictures of some nice birds!

I will be turkey hunting in PA this year as long as no plans change.

-Jake

RockyMtnGobblers 03-07-2022 09:23 AM

Thanks Bocajnala !
I'm hoping to video my hunts but we will see I usually start with that plan and instead just hunt.
Good luck to you and everyone!

RockyMtnGobblers 03-12-2022 12:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Who is going scouting? Do you set trail cameras out for turkeys?
I get restless before the season, so scouting is a great excuse to get out and I recently started setting cameras as well.
Even if I've hunted the area for years, I just love seeing turkeys on the cams.

Bocajnala 03-15-2022 11:39 AM

I start by driving the public lands I intend to hunt at about 8-10am and see what fields the birds are in regularly. Then I try to work my way back from there. Figure out where they're roosting. Where they're coming from.

If you can figure out where they're sleeping and where they're eating you can have a good shot at finding one.

-Jake

RockyMtnGobblers 03-16-2022 05:23 PM

Scouting

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4402710)
I start by driving the public lands I intend to hunt at about 8-10am and see what fields the birds are in regularly. Then I try to work my way back from there. Figure out where they're roosting. Where they're coming from.

If you can figure out where they're sleeping and where they're eating you can have a good shot at finding one.

-Jake

Yes! I plan to get to my limited area 2 days before season to watch them fly down and fly up, after opening day things can change.:woot: