Greater sage crouse

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Greater sage crouse

Old 04-16-2019, 09:46 AM
Spike

Question Greater sage crouse

hello hunters,
i am trying to find for my father and me a possibility for hunting greater sage crouse and antelope....
please could you help me with some infos, wheres the best place to go and so on....

with best greets
fritzijaeger/ austria
Old 04-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

Montana has seasons on both but not concurrently unless you are an archery hunter. Antelope tags are only available through a drawing. Non-resident tags are limited to not more than 10% of the available tags in any unit. The deadline for antelope applications in Jun 1.
Archery antelope season is Sep 7 to Oct 11
Rifle antelope season is Oct 12 to Nov 10
Sage grouse season is Sep 1 to Sep 30
Non-resident antelope license is $205 + Base hunting license of $15 + Conservation license of $10
Non-resident bird license is $110
Old 04-17-2019, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of WY has pronghorn season that overlaps the sage grouse season. When I hunt pronghorn around Farson WY we always take a few grouse. But if you want to eat the birds avoid shooting the mature birds and go for the smaller juvenile birds. The older ones are pretty "gamey."

I have also tied sage grouse and antelope together in CO but the grouse season runs a few weeks before the pronghorn season so I hunt the grouse on a scouting trip for grouse.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:18 AM
Spike

Thanks for the infos buffybr and flags, its nice to hear about this crouse, i am not shure if its possible to hunt one or if its forbitten....
id like to hunt only one for taxidermy and if i find a partner for swap a hunt to sika deer, roe deer or wild boar id like to combine it maybe with antelope.... we will see...
thanks again and some relaxed easter days...
fritz
Old 05-04-2019, 01:23 PM
Spike

Nobody out there who likes to swap sage crouse and antelope for sika and wild boar or chamois and marmott or something else?
wbg fritz