Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Drew my trophy elk tag for 61 in CO >

Drew my trophy elk tag for 61 in CO

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Drew my trophy elk tag for 61 in CO

Old 06-05-2018, 07:48 AM
Spike

Default Drew my trophy elk tag for 61 in CO

Hey all I drew my tag for 61 2nd rifle season in CO. Is there anyone willing to share some info on the area? I would love to hear from anyone that has hunted it during 2nd season and let me know how it went and what you thought.

Thank you for your time!
Old 06-05-2018, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

How many points did it take you to draw?
Old 06-06-2018, 07:20 AM
Spike

Took me 10 points.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:16 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

There's a couple threads on unit 61 going on MM. I have 12 points and odds for a NR archery tag went up to 25% this year for my point pool. I could draw one of those late rifle hunts but have heard they are tougher due to the pressure moving the elk.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:52 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Spike

Is Unit 61 on the west side of Divide road in the Uncompahgre National Forest? If so, I have hunted the east side. Beautiful place. Should be a great hunt no doubt.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never understood why someone would pony up a bunch of points on a unit they don't know. Especially when they live in the state. Before I put the points up I would have scouted the area for a few seasons, talked to game wardens and biologists, done a camping trip or 2 during the season to see what it is like etc...

I have 22 points right now that I'll cash in on unit 2 when I finally have enough and I have been following my own advice. I have hunted cows there for years, know the wardens, am familiar with the area and where the waterholes and bedding areas are. When the tag pops I'll be ready to go. I live in TX now but was a CO resident for 52 years and I never put in for a tag in an area I did not know a lot about including G-13 when I got my goat.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:43 AM
Spike

Take it easy flags your texan is showing! ***************** You have no idea what I've been doing since I drew my tag, you don't know if I went with a guide or if I've pretty much lived in the unit all summer or anything else. ************************I'm sorry if everyone doesn't do it flags way but that's the great thing about hunting, you can do it your way and everyone else can do it there way. Thanks for showing us once again ****************

Last edited by Bocajnala; 09-10-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Old 09-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Fatbow from CO
Take it easy flags your texan is showing!

First off I am a 5th generation CO native.

************ You have no idea what I've been doing since I drew my tag, you don't know if I went with a guide or if I've pretty much lived in the unit all summer or anything else.

Second I base my post on what you posted which was: " Is there anyone willing to share some info on the area?" Which imp-lies you don't know anything about the unit.

The only thing I ever see in any of your posts is how you like to***"*********

Thirdly I make sure that I quantify any post I make based on experience and not just talking out my butt.

I'm sorry if everyone doesn't do it flags way but that's the great thing about hunting, you can do it your way and everyone else can do it there way. Thanks for showing us once again********

Fourth, it isn't me asking for advice. I clearly said talk to wardens who know the area, scout it before hand, spend time there during the season when you plan on hunting so you have some first hand info and learning where the game is etc... All that is sound advice. What you chose to do with it is up to you.
Frankly I don't care if you fill the tag or not. My bet is you don't because you seem to wish to ignore some advice that will help. But then it is your tag. No skin off my butt either way.

Last edited by Bocajnala; 09-10-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.