Montana Archery/Rifle Elk and Deer Hunting Partner >

Montana Archery/Rifle Elk and Deer Hunting Partner

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Montana Archery/Rifle Elk and Deer Hunting Partner

Old 07-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Montana Archery/Rifle Elk and Deer Hunting Partner

Looking for a hunting partner who knows how to hunt and isn't afraid to hike and pack out game.
During archery season I hunt with a traditional bow then rifle hunt later in the season.I have a couple favorite areas in the 203 area of Montana that produce every year.This last spring I picked up some elk sheds from some of the elk I hunt,still some nice bulls in the herd. There is a flat on the top of a mountain where they hang out and feed.I plan on being there at dark opening morning.Will go set up some ground blinds there pretty soon.
I seen the biggest muley buck a 200+ inch, I thought there was two bucks standing there until he turned his head.His antlers were perfect on each side and the main beams split 3 on the front and 4 in the back with eye guards 8x8. I already filled my tag so all I could do was watch.I tried to get a pic with my phone he was 100 yrds down the hill.I grabbed my camera out of my pack the batteries were dead.I had more for my nite lite.By the time I got the camera dialed in he was almost out of sight.I snapped a few pics and hoped for the best.I checked when I got home and they didn't turn out. He is over 30" wide closer to 32-33". I ran into another hunter and he went the opposite way as the big buck.Never heard a shot on the way out at dark.
I went back during the spring shed hunting and found his tracks almost the size of a cow elk track.So he made it. I plan on hunting him during archery while elk hunting and then again during rifle if I don't get him.There were 6 or 7 other big bucks he was chasing away from his does.He is definitely a record book buck. I really watch the scent control and the wind while hunting and do a lot of glassing ahead.
If you are interested in hunting around 203 let me know and we will go from there.
Thanks,
George