Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Pelt Prices

Old 01-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

in case anyone is still curious about fur prices, I sold 12 frozen in the round eastern plains coyotes a week ago and averaged $20. You can do a search for Petska Fur routes and see if a fur buyer has a route near your location.
A buddy of mine sold 4 cats last winter that were finished and the prices ranged from $150 for the smallest to $600 for his largest. Not bad money in anyones book. He has not caught a good cat yet this winter. He has caught 2 kittens that he released, so no idea what the prices on them is at.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

fur prices are good prime and properly put up fur is in demand! expect good coyotes in the 70-80 dollar range fox to 70 martin 150 cats up to 1250. I heard rats up to to 20! I sent most of my fur to nafta.We have a fur sale here in blackfoot idaho on jan. 31 feb 1.Last year we had alot of 800-900 cats top was 1250.Id be skinning those dogs your selling in the round for 20.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Spike

Every year there is a big auction in Hugo, Colo around the first week of Feb. There are buyers and sellers for fur, antlers and skulls or Racks. DOW even sells confiscated critters there. Like Bears and Lion and racks. You can legally use leg holds on Private property with a permit from the Division. Coyotes have been doing surprisingly well the last few years. To get the best prices you will need to have the skins fleshed and stretched.There are also permits to hunt at night for cats and other preds. Lots of rules and they differ from unit to unit depending on Big Game hunting seasons and other factors. You will have to do a lot of research, but you can make some money while doing something you love to do. You will start to smell funny, so make sure your significant other is understanding!!!!!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all the info! I had a good start to trapping season, but that slowed way down with the warmer weather that we have been getting. All I've caught in my live traps in the last month was a rabbit. That's ok though, there is always next year!