Wet muzzleloader season so far >

Wet muzzleloader season so far

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Wet muzzleloader season so far

Old 09-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wet muzzleloader season so far

It has been miserable hunting elk the last two days. Went 0 for 3 at getting close enough for a shot and was drenched head to toe both days. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice but I have to stay home with the kids. Atleast I am seeing plenty of animals so it is worth it.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:16 AM
Spike

No its raining today too. So keep your powder dry has the same meaning in modern times. Same area or different?
Old 09-16-2013, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

About 2 miles east of there.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Spike

Thumbs down

The rain and the hail pretty much sucked on Saturday. However, the number one thing that had me fuming was when we found the mother of all elk trails. Prints everywhere, fresh sign everywhere, water/creek, aspens, bedding, etc. We sat in the rain for 1:45 just waiting...when what do we hear?! *Crack* branches breaking...staying quiet, arrow knocked, *movement!* what could it be?!?!?!?! Some hilljack "hunters" walking the damn game trail from the opposite direction! As if that wasn't bad enough they had a huge tupperware tote over their heads to protect their last remaining braincells from the rain.

I need to find some private property to hunt...
Old 09-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

Lark,

I had 2 archery hunters on a trail about 1/2 mile above me Saturday morning calling. Actually worked to my benefit they kept a small 2x2 down low in a valley. Was about 10 feet from me and kept walking along the creek.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by c-rad
Lark,

I had 2 archery hunters on a trail about 1/2 mile above me Saturday morning calling. Actually worked to my benefit they kept a small 2x2 down low in a valley. Was about 10 feet from me and kept walking along the creek.
These guys came within 50 yards of where we had been sitting. I watched them actually grabbing the aspen trees to maintain their balance on the trail. I can't imagine that was good for the hunting.

Our camp was also over-run with cattle Saturday evening. They were walking right next to the tent making a ton of noise. We couldn't help but laugh it off at that point.

Is there an OTC bovine tag for that area? lol
Old 09-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Seen 5 head come by me yesterday. This is the latest I seen them up there. Usually by mid August I don't see them anymore.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Spike

Was up on Rampart this morning getting soaked myself. It wasn't actually raining today, but every single leaf, especially down in the willow bushes is soaking so I was drenched from about mid-thigh down. Didn't see any elk, and almost got torn apart by four "protective" dogs that were running around unleashed. But it was still hunting, so can't complain! On the way out saw two ranchers on horseback driving a couple stray cattle down the road.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Spike

I would love to mount a large long horn on the wall. But I don't think OTC bovine will catch on. They kinda walk right up to you.lol
Old 09-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bobsspike
I would love to mount a large long horn on the wall. But I don't think OTC bovine will catch on. They kinda walk right up to you.lol
Not if I had a tag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.