Questions about Utah

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Questions about Utah

Old 03-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Default Questions about Utah

Any Utahians here?

I'm curious about hunting, target shooting and varmint hunting in your fine state.

How hard is it for the residents to pull some type of deer or elk tag. Not the Limited entry areas but just any deer or elk. As in, I just want to go hunting.

How about finding a place to hunt yotes, jackrabbits and just go shoot the rifle?

Utah is on the short list of states I may move to in the not-so-distant future.

Thanks!
Christine
Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Spike

I draw out every year for my first choice. You have to draw but you most likely always draw your first and for sure your second. As far as places to shoot yotes and just shoot. I lived in utah county and there were places every where to go shoot.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hope Wyoming is above Utah on your short list Christine. There is no better western state for residents for what you have asked than the Cowboy State!!! Throw in world class fishing and it's a slice of heaven.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Topgun, we looked at Wyoming first. There was a job in Utah that seems about perfect for Kendall (my so-to-be Husband). So we focused there. We like the weather in Utah a bit better too. We're tired of cold and windy. Tags look like they are harder (and confusing) to get but there are a lot of other perks to the state. Plenty of bowfishing nearby. I guess I'll have to re-learn to hook and line fishing.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Dominant Buck

The west is awesome for hunting and healthy for living. Good luck on your decision Christine. If I weren't so entrenched in Vt with family, personal history and my property I would move out west too. I know someone who lives near Park City Utah and he is a great elk and muley hunter who get a bunch of animals. Good luck and congrats on the future wedding.