Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Rampart Range GMU 511 >

Rampart Range GMU 511

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Rampart Range GMU 511

Old 07-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Spike

Anyone have an extra set of Mule Deer Antler sheds they would be willing to donate. I am working on stuff for my Taxidermy Shop.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Spike

Anyone have any luck yet for Archery?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Spike

No luck but I did see a legal bull last night but by the time he cleared the trees he was too far away. Wouldn't even have known he was there except the noise he made moving up the slope on that fine gravel.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Spike

Hi, new here and was wondering if anyone has any good small game spots in 511 or 581? Mainly looking for squirrel and rabbit. I would even take good parking places to start to look on my own.

Just taking small game back up after a 20 year hiatus and then it was mainly in Ohio.

Thanks,.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:33 AM
Spike

Hey Pedro,

I mainly hunt small game up near divide/florissant.

I've always had the most luck looking around small creeksthat have thick spruce trees along one side. The rabbits really like the reeds for cover that grow near the creek, and the squirrels are in almost every spruce or fir tree.

You can't really go wrong if you use a topo or google maps and find a few creeks, and go check em out. The rabbits tend to be more active at dusk and dawn, but you can still find em middle of the day. Squirrels seems to go at it almost all day.