Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Rampart Range GMU 511 >

Rampart Range GMU 511

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Rampart Range GMU 511

Old 05-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Spike

I've got a cam I setup about 6-7 weeks ago up in that general area.

That was my first time in the area, and at the time, was still 2-3 feet of snow so there wasn't much sign other than a couple of deer tracks.

I'm heading up there this weekend or next to see what, if anything, the cam picked up, and check out some new spots in rampart range.

Most of my time in 511 has been spent on the western part of the unit. Cedar mountain road, LVR, and Phantom creek areas. I've got a few cows and a couple spikes on cams a bit NW of divide.

However this is only be my second year using these cams, So I'll see this year if I see similar activity in those spots again.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Banned

I got a cam set up north of rampart reservoir a ways thanks to another member on here pointing me in the right direction, and I wish I knew how to upload photos on here causei have 1 spike bull a couple deer and 1 bear so far. Hopefully I can keep the elk found and bear since ill be archery hunting both this September. I got a question that maybe someone can answer. This year they have new otc tags for bear for the unit 59 among others and its to encourage hunting bears around urban areas (problem bears). I have a map of the city limits so would I be right to walk the forested area just outside the city limits for hunting? Also places like cheyenne mountain canyon as well as the canyon going to helen hunt falls. These are all outside city limits so would a person be right to hunt there.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Spike

Dan, not if it is private property. If it is national forrest, then you could hunt it. You need to be a certain distance from houses or dwellings unless you have permission from that home owner to be closer. The distance is in the reg book. I want to say it is either 150 feet or 250 feet, but check for sure before you go. Do not shoot towards the dwellings or houses in any case. Good luck!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Spike

Dan, Bear tags are for the draw are for 3 areas combined. 511,59 and 591(Fort Carson). Are you talking about other tags that are avalible for 59?
Old 05-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by dan87bh
I got a cam set up north of rampart reservoir a ways thanks to another member on here pointing me in the right direction, and I wish I knew how to upload photos on here causei have 1 spike bull a couple deer and 1 bear so far. Hopefully I can keep the elk found and bear since ill be archery hunting both this September. I got a question that maybe someone can answer. This year they have new otc tags for bear for the unit 59 among others and its to encourage hunting bears around urban areas (problem bears). I have a map of the city limits so would I be right to walk the forested area just outside the city limits for hunting? Also places like cheyenne mountain canyon as well as the canyon going to helen hunt falls. These are all outside city limits so would a person be right to hunt there.
If you click on your profile and then photo albums, there should be an upload photos button.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Banned

im tracking that all those units come together, there are seperate tags available this year in the reg book they are private land only tags for several units to encourage hunting bears near urban areas. they have under those tags unit 59
Old 05-26-2014, 10:46 PM
Spike

Concourspilot, How are things going? Give me a call, Maybe we can link up this weekend in Area.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:27 AM
Spike

I was up checking a few areas in rampart and divide out this weekend. A good deal of muley sign in a few pockets.

Finding isolated bits of older elk sign, saw 30 just outside divide. Didn't see any up in rampart when I was there.

Heard a few turkeys off 307, tried to call em in for a look, but didn't wait around too long. Thunderstorms moving in kept my time short.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Spike

Dan87bh, Would like more info on the new OTC Tags for Bear in 59. I did not draw my bear tag. Can you help out??
Old 06-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Banned

If you plan on doing archery then they should be just OTC and you get 59,511,591(fort carson). But if you know a land owner "outside city limits" that'll let you hunt bear on thier property then those new OTC private land only hunts are availible to you for rifle. Seen a bunch of bears where I got a cam set up really close to pikes peak and another cam by Divide with plenty of bears on em including a herd of about 50 elk. Also judging by your screen name you're Army so dont over look Carson either. yea they have stricter rules but they produce some quality animals close to the springs. Hope this helps out or I answered your question. If you plan on hunting close to the springs this year me and my hunting buddy got a couple places lined up for this year in those three areas. Kinda limited to those units this year as the wife and I just had a baby so I dont want to venture out to far away with a new born at home. Were doing some scouting Saturday pm me if you are interested in those areas or want to tag along.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.