Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Rampart Range GMU 511 >

Rampart Range GMU 511

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Rampart Range GMU 511

Old 09-20-2013, 07:48 AM
Spike

I was up there september 13 - 14 with Sis for the 2013 season . She has a either sex muzzleloading tag for elk . Opening morning we got on some elk , I was bugling to a bull for about 30mins or so . We just couldnt get close enought to them . Sunday morning I called in a cow for her at about 100yrds but she missed lol . It wasn't to bad just rained a lot . Oh ya I got into it with what I think was another hunter . We were getting set up where I first talked to the bull , when 2 hunters 1 in orange and the other in camo drove by on atv's . The first guy kept going when he saw us , but the other guy stop and parked . He had a damn yellow lab with him that just took off running around . So he starts yelling at the dog , So I yelled at him to '' keep it down '' . Then all of a sudden he starts smoking and the smoke strats blowing into the canyon we are planing to hunt . So by this time im pissed , so I walk up to where he is and ask him '' what the hell he's doing '' . He got this dumb look on his face and tells me '' this is everyones mountian ''. I turn around and I tell him '' in case you haven't noticed we were here first and we're trying to hunt '' . He then say's '' oh I didnt know what you were doing '' . I looked at him and told him '' we're having a F***en picnic what do you think now get the F**k out of here '' . Man people are stuiped and another thing he was in all camo with a muzzleloader . So I dont know what the hell he was doing . I just happy we got into some ELK !!!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

I shot a cow up there weds and went up today to pull my last trail cam out. Ended up see a cow and a 4x3. I saw elk everyday I was up there this week. Then I had these cows on my cam.
Rampart Range GMU 511-pict0007.jpg

Rampart Range GMU 511-pict0015.jpg
Old 09-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Spike

NICE !! About where at did you see them ? I'll be back up there for the 2nd season .
Old 09-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Up on the Teller/Douglas county line
Old 09-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Jatbrats
I was up there september 13 - 14 with Sis for the 2013 season . She has a either sex muzzleloading tag for elk . Opening morning we got on some elk , I was bugling to a bull for about 30mins or so . We just couldnt get close enought to them . Sunday morning I called in a cow for her at about 100yrds but she missed lol . It wasn't to bad just rained a lot . Oh ya I got into it with what I think was another hunter . We were getting set up where I first talked to the bull , when 2 hunters 1 in orange and the other in camo drove by on atv's . The first guy kept going when he saw us , but the other guy stop and parked . He had a damn yellow lab with him that just took off running around . So he starts yelling at the dog , So I yelled at him to '' keep it down '' . Then all of a sudden he starts smoking and the smoke strats blowing into the canyon we are planing to hunt . So by this time im pissed , so I walk up to where he is and ask him '' what the hell he's doing '' . He got this dumb look on his face and tells me '' this is everyones mountian ''. I turn around and I tell him '' in case you haven't noticed we were here first and we're trying to hunt '' . He then say's '' oh I didnt know what you were doing '' . I looked at him and told him '' we're having a F***en picnic what do you think now get the F**k out of here '' . Man people are stuiped and another thing he was in all camo with a muzzleloader . So I dont know what the hell he was doing . I just happy we got into some ELK !!!
Were they wearing buckets on their heads?
Old 09-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Spike

Was just up there this sunday to move my cam.

Thought it was in a decent spot, but I picked up a bit more human activity on the cam than I'd like. Looks like a family likes to hike through this drainage once a week. They were nice enough to smile for the camera. Also picked up an archery hunter on it.

Not nearly enough good animals on it this time around. 1 spike bull, 1 small buck, a couple and her fawn, and a coyote.

Last edited by Kytus; 09-23-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:45 AM
Spike

Who's heading up for this last weekend of archery hunting?

Haven't been back up since the rain and bucket-head incident. Going to camp a couple nights and hope to see some elk...
Old 09-27-2013, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

I will stay clear this weekend just incase somebody is actually hunting. Don't like to mess people hunts up when I am just looking for animals. Next weekend I will be trying to locate some more animals.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:40 AM
Spike

Saw four but two were a couple miles north of the GMU. Found a cow elk and a big bull but they were a couple hundred yards up the mountain moving along. We called to them, had their attention and my son mistakenly thought I was hand signalling to move to the next draw when I was trying to gesture for him to get down....busted. We heard 5 bugles one afternoon but never got close.

All in all for our first year hunting these creatures we had a lot of fun, learned a lot, and will definitely be back next year.

Oh, yeah, sucks for the Grand Cherokee that went off the road and crashed hard into the tree. Hopefully nobody was injured too badly.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Spike

I will be Up there this sat with my son to hike and setup some more blinds, call a few Elk spray some elkfire and see what happens. I will let you know...don't any one shoot us..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.