Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Rampart Range GMU 511 >

Rampart Range GMU 511

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Rampart Range GMU 511

Old 09-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

I seen a little bit of everything there during muzzleloader. Had a bear and cow tag. Never saw a cow but saw 6 bulls 2 were legal. Lots of does up in the area but only 1 buck. Seen 7 different bears missed 1. Two flocks of turkey were there there were 8 in 1 flock and 17 in the other. Animals are there you just have to work for them and get off the beatin path away from the guys hunting off of quads.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Spike

I've hunted there for the past 4 years . Our first year there we seen some elk , but nothing since . There are way to many hunters that go there now . It's hunted out .
Old 09-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Jatbrats
I've hunted there for the past 4 years . Our first year there we seen some elk , but nothing since . There are way to many hunters that go there now . It's hunted out .
I brought my son up there last weekend. We saw exactly three other hunting groups, one of which I knew from work. There were 3X more ATV'rs out there than hunters that we could see.

We were "hunting elk" but more doing some scouting for deer for next year.

Unfortunately, we were ran out late one night due to some drunken inbred, hilljacks that decided firing off pistols into the woods at 9:00 at night was a good idea. When we were hearing the rounds spinning off the trees..."ziiiiiing" we packed up and headed home.

We saw some great animals up in the old burn area.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

I only hunt muzzleloader for elk so I only seen 2 hunters in the last 3 years. Even last 3rd and 4th rifle I didn't see any hunters while I was hiking where I usually hunt. I put a lot of time up there hiking and coyote hunting so I really never had a problem finding animals. This is the worst year in the last 3 for seeing deer and bear. I have 1 camera left up there and will check it while bear hunting Friday. Hopefully the elk are still there in 11 days.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:39 AM
Spike

Well unfortunately it looks like we're going to be hunting there twice this year . Next week for muzzleloading and for 2nd season .
Old 09-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Spike

If anybody can help it would be appreciated
Old 09-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

I was up there today hunting bear. No bears but ended hearing 3. Saw 2 of the 3 and It was a 6x6 and a 3x3. The last one was in some thick aspen sapplings and I never did see what it was. Get in before daylight and listen. They stopped bugleing about 915 this morning.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Spike

I was up there a week ago Tuesday, but didn't hear any bugling. Didn't see any deer, and the best sign I saw was walking across a road I smelled elk like I've never smelled before, must have just missed one marking its territory sort of speak. I was way down below Carrol Lake development.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to try and hunt there when I was stationed in CO. Theres a lot of knuckle heads that go up there to drink, do drugs, shoot at anything. I stopped going there when the rd was closed by state police bacause they found a car up there that was abondoned with all the owners ID, cell phone, money, and Ipod. Just like the previous poster wrote. Theres better places to go without having to worry about the weirdos.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Spike

Just went up this morning, tried hunting in the rain for a couple hours. Saw an elk moving through the trees, and my Primos Cow Call decided it didn't want to work all the sudden, so I couldn't get it stopped to get in front of it. Then when leaving found out 24 was closed, so I drove Mt. Herman road all the way down to Monument. Fun day, if a little wet and frustrating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.