Wyoming Bison Priority List

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Wyoming Bison Priority List

Old 05-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default Wyoming Bison Priority List

Draw results are posted for the Wyoming bison priorety list.

I think I just missed out at NR #33. Last year I read there were 30 NR tags issued.

Bummer because I already drew a WY unit 20 moose tag just south of Jackson. Will be out there anyway!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Was #7 few years back...

I hear they're getting tougher to hunt, supposedly I hunted the last year with high hunter success...

early snow helps them migrate onto the refuge, although they don't have to be on the refuge to hunt, but they do have to be out of the nat'l park and onto public land etc...

you may get a tag at #33

don't you already have a bison?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Spike

No I did not score on my Utah Henries hunt. Should have. Got greedy for a couple extra inches of horn.

Yes I read they increased tags last year for that reason, and expanded the hunt zone. I think like 9 residents declined to buy their permits, but all 30 NR's paid up. Only way I think I could squeeze in is if the success rate was still low last year. WYG&F has not yet published those stats. Prior to last year NR's only got 22 tags.

Last edited by KZim; 05-13-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by KZim
No I did not score on my Utah Henries hunt. Should have. Got greedy for a couple extra inches of horn.

Yes I read they increased tags last year for that reason, and expanded the hunt zone. I think like 9 residents declined to buy their permits, but all 30 NR's paid up. Only way I think I could squeeze in is if the success rate was still low last year. WYG&F has not yet published those stats. Prior to last year NR's only got 22 tags.
Trying to draw a UT bison myself one of these years...

not sure I want the henry's or the antelope island, course I have the WY done which I suspect is or was similar to what the antelope island hunt is like....in UT, so I suspect I'd want to goto the henry's, perhaps even with a bow but I don't know.

even considering a cow hunt, I'd like to have a full bison rug one of these years vs. half a hide after I get a head mount done...