Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
Bozeman, MT Spring Bear Hunt..  Any help would be appreciated.. >

Bozeman, MT Spring Bear Hunt.. Any help would be appreciated..

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Bozeman, MT Spring Bear Hunt.. Any help would be appreciated..

Old 05-11-2011, 06:14 AM
Spike

Default Bozeman, MT Spring Bear Hunt.. Any help would be appreciated..

We have talked to some people in the area and have a general idea as to where to go but any additional help would be greatly appreciated! We are going to be staying in the Bozeman area and and are towing up a Jeep to be able to get up in the mountains and away from foot traffic so to speak and just looking for suggestions on some areas if anyone is familiar to get into some bears.. We are leaving on the 22nd and start hunting on the 23rd through that whole week.

Thanks for your time!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

The bear are finally starting to show! Yesterday I seen 3 smallish black-bears & a small grizzly. That makes a total of 9 bear this spring season (not one even close to big enough!?). I hunt out of district 100 so I am not that familiar with Bozeman area, but you should see some bear. But I am not to sure if you will have the backcountry access you are hoping for... we are still trapped with huge amounts of snow. Around here I noticed that the younger bears are following the cow elk herds waiting for them to have their calfs. Good Luck!

-South
Old 05-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Spike

Thanks for the heads up... Yeah we were told that my buddies big truck might be too heavy in some areas byone of the DNR officers to get some places so we are towing the Jeep Just in case.. From what I have heard though sounds like were gonna be puttin some miles on the feet... Either way..

Are there alot of color phased bear in this area?
Old 05-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Ya, alot of glassing is the only way to locate the bear you are looking for. In fact the two coolest bear shot in my family came from that area. My brother shot a pure blonde bear (almost white) & I shot a 450 lb. blonde bear w/black legs. Every time I have hunted that area we see bear (I have only hunted there like 6 times lol). I think you guys will get em for sure!

-south